Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Raceline Raptor wheel

Old 12-09-2010, 03:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raceline Raptor wheel

Anyone running these wheels. National tire and wheel say they should fit a JK. 4.75 backspacing on the 16" wheel. just looking to see if someone has pics of them on their jk.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

The wheel looks nice and all but if you plan on doing any mods to the suspension or getting bigger tires, the 4.75 BS will be too much and will rub on sharp turns. I'd get a wheel with no more than 4.5 BS so youll have no rubbing issues and you never know what you will want to do to you JK in the future. This way youre not stuck with having to buy new wheels.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark
The wheel looks nice and all but if you plan on doing any mods to the suspension or getting bigger tires, the 4.75 BS will be too much and will rub on sharp turns. I'd get a wheel with no more than 4.5 BS so youll have no rubbing issues and you never know what you will want to do to you JK in the future. This way youre not stuck with having to buy new wheels.
I can't relate more to buying wheels and then realizing different ones would probably have worked a little bit better. I got the right backspacing for sure, 4.5" is perfect. I like the stance it puts on the JK and still no rubbing

There are just a million choices out there, those Raceline Wheels are pretty sweet, I am inspired to look at more wheels now. Especially since i am getting new 35s soon, let the games begin

I know a guy who has those on his 07 X with 35s and a Skyjacker Kit, but it sits under a tarp all winter. I wish i could poach some pics of it and post them
Old 12-09-2010, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have 35's with a 4" lift and 18x8.5 with 5.25 backspace . No rub at all.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:08 PM
JK Newbie

I do plan to go with a 3.5" lift and 35's in the future. Just got to save up some $.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:25 PM
JK Newbie

bump one more time for hopefully a picture or two....

Quick Reply: Raceline Raptor wheel