Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Re-Programing after larger tires?

Old 09-10-2012, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-Programing after larger tires?

I installed my 2.5 Terraflex coil lift and Bilstein shocks the other day. I then put on the 315/75/R16 BFG KM2 tires.

Should I have to re program? The tires are 30psi and have yet to install sensors. No light on though.

6 speed with the 4:10 grears, I like the shifing better. I don't seem to have to move up the gears as fast.

How much off shuld I be seeing on the spedo? 5mph?
Old 09-10-2012, 09:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crawdaddy
I installed my 2.5 Terraflex coil lift and Bilstein shocks the other day. I then put on the 315/75/R16 BFG KM2 tires.

Should I have to re program? The tires are 30psi and have yet to install sensors. No light on though.

6 speed with the 4:10 grears, I like the shifing better. I don't seem to have to move up the gears as fast.

How much off shuld I be seeing on the spedo? 5mph?
Hopefully this puts it into perspective

I installed new wheels and tires. 285/70/17, up from my stock 255/80/16.

When my speedo said 100km/h (62mph), I was actually going 115km/h (71mph). I can only imagine with your larger tires you'd have at least a 10mph difference. I recommend the AEV procal to reprogram your computer. I have one on order along with my AEV 2.5" lift......I'm told the module fixes the speedo along with many other things.....hopefully that helped

Quick Reply: Re-Programing after larger tires?