Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear axle shift after lift - is amount ok

Old 01-04-2008, 10:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear axle shift after lift - is amount ok

Alrighty I think the last tweak I can do for now (Running out of money) is buy one adjustable track bar.

The front is only shifted by 1/8" but the rear is out of center by 7/16". I was thinking the rear needs an adjustable track bar as I think the 2.5" kit might require it. I don't want to put a relocation bracket on and would rather get a Heavy Duty adjustable track bar for the money. Would putting on the adjustable track bar put more stress to the stock bracket causing it to break. I've seen very little details on how this would work (relo bracket). Well allot of words and very little photo's with the Relo bracket connected.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

This amount of the rear axle , is normal, was the same with my 2" OME. A Relo Bracket does not only recentre the axle, it also provides a better ride quality because of the more horizontal trackbar - less shift sidewards when going over bumps.

The OME Relo-Bracket-Kit is frame mounted - looks solid. I saw the one from RE, looks good as well. Disadvantage of this kit: you`ll need bumpstops, otherwise bracket and shock could meet

Alle only considering rear axle.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would say you're on the right "track", sorry couldn't resist. I would go with an adj. bar instead of a bracket because the bracket might provide you with too much adjustment - in the other direction. I doubt you would have problems with breaking mounts either. Seems like the folks who are breaking mounts have either installed an aftermarket bracket or nothing at all and have alot of stress at the pivot points because of the OEM bars. I know when I installed my BB, even at 2.5", there was more stress between the axles and bars than I felt comfortable with.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:42 PM
JK Super Freak

thanks, I think I'm gonna get the rear first as it seems to be off center mre than the front. Does the centering return or get worse with larger tires or does it have no effect? I'm thinking the logic say no effect as the body is not lifting just the raw height?
Old 01-04-2008, 12:44 PM
JK Super Freak

oh ya almost forgot, so much for BB concept. Adjust track bars and I might as well get a 3 or 4" if it was legal to do so here.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:59 AM
JK Super Freak

BDS makes a drop bracket for the rear about 65 bucks

and for 2-3 inches of lift almost perfect for centering the rear

as for the front and adjustable is more percise but sky jacker makes a bracket that mounts to the oem location on the axel couls break but the bar will then almost be perfectly horizontal if you go hard core I don't care what you got things will break
Old 01-05-2008, 04:44 AM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

I put the relocation bracket on with my 2.5" bb and it overcompensated in the other direction. Get the adjustable track bar.

Quick Reply: Rear axle shift after lift - is amount ok