Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which rear bumper with tire carrier?

Old 05-03-2011, 04:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might wanna check out the body armor rear bumper w/ carrier if you're on a tight budget. Clearance is great, and it works w/ a hitch receiver. I've heard nothing but good about it and it seems pretty solid. I have the rear bumper, waiting to buy or build my carrier. Says it's capable of carrying up to a 40" tire. Total cost from 4wd.com is $724 and bustabiz will probably hook you up with a discount if you buy as a package (they were running 10% off on these a while back on their website).

Bumper:
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...1&partID=54673
Carrier:
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...2&partID=54674
Old 05-03-2011, 04:56 PM
JK Newbie

Default PSC rear bumper

I just spoke with a rep from PSC within the last week and they told me within the next month they are going to release a new design for the rear bumper that also has lights in it like the LOD rear bumper. I can't wait. PSC's brawler lite is the *&@#. I am going to wait until it comes out to do anything rear bumper/tire carrier.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:31 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for the info guys. Keep it coming
Old 05-03-2011, 05:56 PM
JK Newbie

If you are actually considering the Smittybuilt just keep in mind that the tire carrier is a clamp style mount and not a bearing mount as on the more expensive carriers. It's a solid combination but the carrier can be tough to open. My wife is driving my jeep on a daily basis at the moment and she avoids the back gate due to the carrier. If I had to do it again, I might spend the extra $200 to $300 on one of the options you have listed.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:02 PM
JK Freak

Yeah I'm gonna convince hubby that I have to have one of the more expensive ones. If Im pulling the bucks I'm living with it forever I'm sure
Old 05-03-2011, 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

There you go! If he is a smart man he knows that if mama ain't happy........
Old 05-03-2011, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

I know it is a bit pricey, but you should really check out the AEV rear bumper and tire carrier before you decide.

Good luck!
Old 05-03-2011, 06:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Flat Top
There you go! If he is a smart man he knows that if mama ain't happy........
AMEN! Been telling him that my tire is too heavy, but nooooooo. He didn't listen to me when I wanted a Rubicon either. Thought I'd toodle around in it and not take it off-road Looks like he's gonna be paying out the nose for that mistake!
Old 05-03-2011, 06:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, if we were able to make it to the BL run on the 14th, you could check out the Expedition 1 that we have. Been on for over a year and still no rattles and it looks good!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2164360143.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	156646  
Old 05-03-2011, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Which PSC bumper are yoou guys talking about that has a carrier? I found the rockbrawler, but it said it was currently unavailable.

I'm liking the AEV. My only reservation is price, and possibly that it might look wrong if/when I go to flat fenders.

Quick Reply: Which rear bumper with tire carrier?