Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which rear bumper with tire carrier?

Old 05-03-2011, 05:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which rear bumper with tire carrier?

I'm looking for opinions on rear bumper/tire carriers. I need to keep cost down too. I have the tailgate rattle. I'm running 35" Procomp Extreme AT.

Or Fab...carrier + bumper
Rock Hard
Hansen
Fab Fours
M.O.R.E
Pure Jeep stubby
Poison Spyder Rock Brawler
Old 05-03-2011, 05:52 AM
JK Super Freak

I really like the new Poison Spyder rear bumper/carrier. If I get rid of my current Warn bumper - that's probably what I'll be going with.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:02 AM
JK Newbie

I have the Rockhard with tire carrier. Good bumper but the carrier is no where as good as the Poison Spyder. Should have spent $200 more
Old 05-03-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know about price comparisons, but the LoD rear bumper/tire carrier set up is about as good as it gets. Especially their new 3rd Generation version. They definitely set the bar for quality on this one.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:20 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Flaxbourton
I don't know about price comparisons, but the LoD rear bumper/tire carrier set up is about as good as it gets. Especially their new 3rd Generation version. They definitely set the bar for quality on this one.
agreed. all the bumpers listed are nice but, if i would definitely recommend giving the lod stubby a look. very complete, tough as hell and reasonably priced. been running one for years as well as many of my friends and, if you've ever seen any of our videos, you know what kind of punishment we put them through.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

GetOverIt is running the LOD. If you wait a couple of weeks you can look at his bumper at the badlands.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Merlin4979
I really like the new Poison Spyder rear bumper/carrier. If I get rid of my current Warn bumper - that's probably what I'll be going with.
I was sold on the LoD carrier until I saw the PSC setup. It looks fantastic and I'm already a fan of the Brawler Lite front bumper. I just haven't seen any feedback on it (rattles, durability, dependability of the latch...). Unless I hear some positive feedback, I may personally end up with the PSC rear bumper and the OR Fab carrier...
Old 05-03-2011, 06:39 AM
JK Super Freak

I love the PSC setup. Just a little out of my price range
Old 05-03-2011, 11:20 AM
JK Freak

Let's just say it's ALL out of my price range right now But the rattle is an issue, so I have to get something. If anyone has info on the Poision Spyder that would be helpful.

Seems like the LOD and Poision Spyder are at the top of my list. Hubby is not going to like it at all. Prob end up with Smittybilt

Planning to look at everyones bumpers and setups at GTD on the 14th Can't wait
Old 05-03-2011, 11:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a Smittybilt XRC which I'm pretty happy with, no rattles, I had MAJOR fitment with the SRC rear bumper I initially ordered though! Smittybilt eventually made things right but it took alot of persistance on my part. Something you may want to consider is what else you want to put on it, i.e. Jerry Can Holders, hi-lift jack etc. Personally idk that I'd want to carry that size of a spare on the factory mount over anything too rough.

Quick Reply: Which rear bumper with tire carrier?