Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear cargo sliding drawers

Old 09-20-2017, 07:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear cargo sliding drawers

An someone point me in the direction to the specs and maybe a build to install a sliding drawer system into the rear cargo area of a 2016 JK unlimited?
Old 09-21-2017, 10:20 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Not clear if you're asking for info on building the drawer system, or on what to buy for the system. I'd encourage the latter if you're thinking of putting your woodworking skills to work because wood is heavy. Much more so than people realize (or often admit, if they've gone to that trouble).

Anyway, if you want custom-built drawers made from aluminum and Fiberthane, contact SoCal Trailers. They will build drawers to your specs. When you receive one, you'll think they forgot to pack the drawer in the box, they are so light. LOL. I ended up with just one drawer, a fridge slide (from Tembo Tusk), and a shelf (from Adventure Trailer, though Teraflex also makes a nice one). All of that is mounted to a 3/16" plate of aluminum that was custom cut for me by a friend (owner of Expedition Outfitters, he also happens to own a granite countertop business that has a huge saw capable of cutting aluminum). The empty space on top of the drawer is used to pack a couple bags with tent, emergency survival gear, table. Alu-boxes (which are available in an amazing variety of sizes) are used to store food and gear on the shelf, along with three 2.5 gallon Aquatainers for water. This is a pricey solution, but the improvement in the experience of actually working out of the rear of my Jeep was dramatic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep Work, Mar 14, N5_0532, Finished Storage Area.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	675020

Quick Reply: Rear cargo sliding drawers