Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Tire Carrier Question

Old 06-09-2008, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Tire Carrier Question

Considering a PJ rear bumper/tire carrier when I get the 35's on, but would like to know what others are doing about the factory carrier and 3rd brake light. I need the 3rd brake light but don't want an unfinished look when the carrier comes off. Any suggetions or pics of what others have done?
Old 06-09-2008, 08:25 AM
JK Freak

I went with the RockHard bumper and tire carrier. I removed the factory tire carrier and brake light and took and cut the third light out and reinstalled... see below:

Old 06-09-2008, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I also have the Rockhard, but went a different route on the taillight. Picked up a $2.00 "Clearance" light at Autozone and used it in the center of the spare. You just dismount the stock center light, clip the wires, and wire into the new light. Works great and was pretty cheap. I also think it looks better than the stock setup.

Old 06-09-2008, 12:47 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Paul R
I also have the Rockhard, but went a different route on the taillight. Picked up a $2.00 "Clearance" light at Autozone and used it in the center of the spare. You just dismount the stock center light, clip the wires, and wire into the new light. Works great and was pretty cheap. I also think it looks better than the stock setup.

thats clean and nice..... looks good...
Old 06-09-2008, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies! Anyone checked out or have the Teraflex third brake light assembly that bolts up to the existing holes left by the carrier?

Quick Reply: Rear Tire Carrier Question