Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear track bar relocation bracket

Old 03-25-2014, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear track bar relocation bracket

I've been running a 2.5" rough country series II spacer lift with the AEV geometry correction brackets for a few months now. The kit I bought came with a rear track bar relocation bracket, but at the time I was installing the lift, I didn't have time to install it. What would installing it do for me? Would it change the handling at all? I've read that it centers the axle, but it looks pretty centered to me now. Actually, the lift is 2.5" in the front, and only 2" in the rear. Should I install it? I've heard nightmare stories about people having to use tow straps to pull the bar into place to connect it to the bracket. Also, if I do go to install it, I know I should just read the instructions, but do I have to jack the jeep up, or is this something that can be done with all four tires on the ground?
Old 03-25-2014, 03:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

First make sure your axle is actually center. Follow this writeup to check Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » TeraFlex MONSTER Jeep JK Wrangler Rear Track Bar Installation Write-Up
If its not centered then the trackbar bracket should center it as long as it was designed for the lift you have installed.
You can install it with the tires on the ground but may need to have someone push the jeep to get it lined up, if thats not possible you can put the jeep on jack stands and push the axle over, just make sure you dont tighten the trackbar until the jeep is sitting with all tires on the ground

Quick Reply: Rear track bar relocation bracket