Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Recon 10500lb Waterproof Winch--Anyone own--Comments

Old 01-22-2011, 04:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another option, just when I was sold on the superwinch, 9.0. Looks like more research..
Old 01-23-2011, 05:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedJK2
The Recon web site indicates that they have a limited lifetime warranty. Does this apply to their winches?
Not to sure. But from the truck and winch website they offer a 3 year warranty with the winch. Which is a pretty good deal!
Old 01-24-2011, 05:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 09Blue2

Funny mine measured 8 13/16", either way. I'm curious as to what you used to build the new waterproof box out of.
The box I mounted under the hood. It's a 4x4x4 ac electrical box used for landscape lights or wet places like pool areas. Everything fits in it well and it looks good too.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3132959386.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	121107   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2501697760.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	121108   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3507546086.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	121109  
Old 02-01-2011, 04:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cool Came in the mail today!

I just got my Recon winch and RR XHD bumper in the mail today. It was supposed to be here last Friday, but the UPS driver didnt want to be out in the slush . Cant wait to get it all put on the Jeep this week and hopefully go test it out
Old 02-01-2011, 05:06 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 2vpblaze
Not to sure. But from the truck and winch website they offer a 3 year warranty with the winch. Which is a pretty good deal!
I contacted Recon about this, but they never responded. It's a little confusing when their website indicates a "Limited Lifetime" warranty, yet Truck and Winch is providing a 3-year warranty. I wonder what the warranty paperwork in the box indicates?

I'm still on the fence about Recon winches, mainly because they're new and hardly anyone sells them. I guess only time will tell!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Winch Cover?

I've noticed looking around the forum that a fair number of people have little covers for their winches. What do you guys think, is it necessary? There is a lot of salt and sand and chemicals on the roads this time of year. I cant imagine that stuff is good for the winch or the synthetic line. Thanks for the advice
Old 02-01-2011, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was sold on the superwinch now it looks like im leaning more toward the recon!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Bernigoober
I've noticed looking around the forum that a fair number of people have little covers for their winches. What do you guys think, is it necessary? There is a lot of salt and sand and chemicals on the roads this time of year. I cant imagine that stuff is good for the winch or the synthetic line. Thanks for the advice
Personally, I think covers are a good idea to protect from the elements, sun, ect...
The supplied neoprene cover offers breathability compared to other covers.

My Jeep is garaged, so I'll only put the cover on, when I'm towing it behind my motorhome.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Enclocal
Personally, I think covers are a good idea to protect from the elements, sun, ect...
The supplied neoprene cover offers breathability compared to other covers.

My Jeep is garaged, so I'll only put the cover on, when I'm towing it behind my motorhome.
Supplied cover? I did not receive one in my box. Is there supposed to be one?

Thanks for the info
Old 02-01-2011, 08:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Bernigoober
I just got my Recon winch and RR XHD bumper in the mail today. It was supposed to be here last Friday, but the UPS driver didnt want to be out in the slush . Cant wait to get it all put on the Jeep this week and hopefully go test it out
assembly note.. looking at the bumper as mounted on the Jeep, use the winch mounting holes to the left centering the winch,, this will cause you to have to put the nuts on the outside.. due to the winch frame... although some have grinded the nuts... I installed it with the Nuts out and the bolt heads on the inside. Easy mod.
also I would put the winch on first..

Quick Reply: Recon 10500lb Waterproof Winch--Anyone own--Comments