Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Regearing a 2007 Rubicon at 70,000 miles

Old 08-04-2017, 11:02 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Originally Posted by jordy
On the bright side, if it proves to be too much on the gear side, it's easy to play with tires and pick up inches here and there and get the perfect setup that way.
A great way to justify moving to a larger tire!! "honey, I'm tired of cruising around at 3k RPMs.....ima just have to get some 40s to get RPMs back inline with something more acceptable!"
Old 08-04-2017, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
A great way to justify moving to a larger tire!! "honey, I'm tired of cruising around at 3k RPMs.....ima just have to get some 40s to get RPMs back inline with something more acceptable!"
I can rationalize anything! Like earlier where I said the LS would be a great way to pick up a few MPG. I don't have to explain or justify to anybody, which could be good or bad, but there is always a logical reason to upgrade.

Quick Reply: Regearing a 2007 Rubicon at 70,000 miles