Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Remote Start

Old 07-03-2007, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start

My dealer has had my Jeep for 2 days now trying to install my remote start. I think i would have had better luck hiring a monkey with a wrench. They say they can't get it programmed with the jeep computer. THis is after i had to make a special trip down there to bring them my "other key" because they couldnt start the jeep with the one they had

ANyway has anyone had any expierence with this that could let me know how to do it. THen i can go back and do it myself and tell them they are dumber than monkeys and that i am finding a new mechanic with an IQ higher than a Monkey!
Old 07-03-2007, 11:21 AM
-

...silly monkeys, bring em a bannana!
Old 07-10-2007, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Grant211
any updates?

If you don't mind how much was the part and how much for the install?
Im sorry i cant help you out too much.

They did finally get it to work. When i bought the jeep i made them include it as an option so i really dont have a price. They bundled all of my options into one price so i cant separate it.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:55 AM
JK Junkie

My remote start ("Pursuit" is the brand, and they manufacture their products for Mopar, so it's essentially the same thing as a Mopar remote start, except that I got it with a lifetime warranty) cost a little less than $400 installed, if I remember correctly... I don't remember the exact cost, but I know that it was on par with the Mopar dealer-installed remote start option on the '07s... Hope that helps.

Oh, and it's FANTASTIC in the Winter here in New England... my wife gets the garage because I'm a gentleman, but I don't know how I ever lived without one before!

Quick Reply: Remote Start