Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Removing Carpet?

Old 08-02-2007, 12:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by saltman
For those that have pulled the carpet. What did you do about the carpet cover for the little recessed trunk area? Did you just remove the door? Was the entire tub painted like a TJ? I've peaked under the carpet and mine looks spotty. I'm not so much concerned about the appearance as much as rust due to the water that's going to be getting on it.

One offroad trip with the top down was enough for me to pull all the carpet.... It was just covered with dirt. As far as the tub being painted... Yes, the enire tub is painted with a lot of sound deadening/insulation stuff in the back area along with where your legs are. But again, all this stuff is painted your body color. I actually am really happy with it. I got scared when i pulled out the passenger front carpet and i saw a huge sticker telling me specifically not to do this due to heat from the tranny. But the heat isnt going to burn you and isnt going to melt floor mats or anything. In other words its no big deal.

So now i just take my car to the car wash and wash out the inside and outside with the hose... no problems
Old 08-03-2007, 04:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

pulled my carpet. got caught in a downpour and just yanked it all out. except for the cover over the back. I leave that in place, but my brotherinlaw is going to help me make a black diamond plate metal replacement for that.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I should have done this the day I brought it home Some bitch is just right now
Old 08-03-2007, 12:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aaronheeb
One offroad trip with the top down was enough for me to pull all the carpet.... It was just covered with dirt. As far as the tub being painted... Yes, the enire tub is painted with a lot of sound deadening/insulation stuff in the back area along with where your legs are. But again, all this stuff is painted your body color. I actually am really happy with it. I got scared when i pulled out the passenger front carpet and i saw a huge sticker telling me specifically not to do this due to heat from the tranny. But the heat isnt going to burn you and isnt going to melt floor mats or anything. In other words its no big deal.

So now i just take my car to the car wash and wash out the inside and outside with the hose... no problems
only way to go IMO. If you use floor mats watch the paint under them. I pulled the carpet in my TJ and the paint was gone in a couple of years from the rubbing. I guess it gets sand under it and the friction removes the paint. I was going to get it Linex'd but it rolled before I got the chance.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

lets see pictures of the floor with and without the liners. I have the mopar mats so if someone has those without carpet id really like to see that =)
Old 08-03-2007, 03:37 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Ruskin
I pulled all the carpet. It gets hot inside
Originally Posted by BigJerm
you pull the rear carpet too? I thought about it but i want to keep my rear tub cover in place and having the trapazoid piece of carpet in the middle
Originally Posted by Ruskin
got any pics?

:rotflma o2:
Old 08-03-2007, 03:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bOLsAK=3
:rotflma o2:

hahahahaha
Old 08-07-2007, 07:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i get rained out once a week. i'm waiting for the mildew smell in the carpets to overpower the new car smell. then i'll pull 'em.

Quick Reply: Removing Carpet?