Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is this the right lift for me?

Old 08-19-2012, 09:53 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Steelnadz
I would like to run 35s. the only problem I have now is that I put the AEV Savegre rims. I'm worried about the back spacing on these which I believe is 4.7 so I thought the Trail Grapplers would work good. The Nitto web site states that the 285/75/R17 are 34.09 inches tall and 11.57 inches wide which sounds about perfect for my needs.
first off, you need to stop looking at actual tire size as nobody in the industry refers to it when talking about lifts. a 285 is roughly the same size as a tire with 33x12.50 listed on the sidewall. these will fit a 2.5" lift just fine and you can even go 305 without too much trouble but, the amount of back spacing you have will leave your rear side walls sitting really close to the rear sway bar link ends. you may still find it necessary to run wheel spacers.

Quick Reply: Is this the right lift for me?