Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rim Backspace

Old 11-19-2006, 11:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rim Backspace

Does any manufacture let you custom order a desired backspace?
Old 11-19-2006, 11:25 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Most wheels are manufactured in a variety of sizes, bolt patterns and back spacing options but I don't think you can custom order anything. Sorry.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:05 PM
JK Super Freak

I found this place when I was looking for possibilities for custom-made rescue style wheels. Never used them, but their description says you can get them in "any backspacing you require." Nothing that I could find on price on their site either. Anyway, maybe worth a shot:

http://www.stocktonwheel.com/4wd_offroad.htm
Old 11-19-2006, 05:25 PM
JK Freak

for something like that it will have to be a steel wheel.

I'm sure if your made of $$ you can find someone to make you a total custom wheel milled out of a chunk of aluminum...after all you see it done all the time on the motorcycle build shows on TV. but your prob looking at quite a chunk of change for that..

oh yea some wheel companys will sell "blanks" which are wheels that don't have the lug bolt holes drilled so if you found a wheel that matched all specs you wanted except for lug pattern then you may be in buisness if the company would sell a blank....
Old 11-25-2006, 11:05 AM
JK Freak

I was told that you can get Walker Evans wheels in allot of diff backspacing. the guy who told me said they have a bunch of diff back space molds and then just drill the centers to fit your lug pattern....oh yea he said for 17" wheels that is...
Old 11-25-2006, 12:21 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dhoffroad
I was told that you can get Walker Evans wheels in allot of diff backspacing. the guy who told me said they have a bunch of diff back space molds and then just drill the centers to fit your lug pattern....oh yea he said for 17" wheels that is...
True, but then for close to $400 a wheel, I would hope you would have a few options.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:34 PM
JK Freak

LOL, yea that's prety much what I told my friend.

Quick Reply: Rim Backspace