Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ring & Pinion Set

Old 07-18-2008, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ring & Pinion Set

Alright, I'd like to know who I should get a set of 5.13 Gears from. Feel free to drop any good/bad stories you've got. Here's a list of site sponsors:

Coast Driveline & Gear
Precision Gear
AlloyUSA
Superior Axle and Gear

I'm sure between Northridge4x4 and the guys in town I could get any of these brands. I'm fairly sure that Modern Motors in Calgary carries Coastline and Precision specifically. And it seems lots of forum users have the Superior sets.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

They that hard to come by?
Old 07-18-2008, 11:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sn4cktime
Alright, I'd like to know who I should get a set of 5.13 Gears from. Feel free to drop any good/bad stories you've got. Here's a list of site sponsors:

Coast Driveline & Gear
Precision Gear
AlloyUSA
Superior Axle and Gear

I'm sure between Northridge4x4 and the guys in town I could get any of these brands. I'm fairly sure that Modern Motors in Calgary carries Coastline and Precision specifically. And it seems lots of forum users have the Superior sets.
Well alot of people have the superior sets because they are the ONLY one who makes gears for the JK now.

YES they are hard to come by, they have been on backoder for about 2months now and arent expected to come in till at least august. Get inline if you want them anytime in the future, they are plenty of people waiting for them.

Good Luck!
Old 07-18-2008, 01:06 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Doesn't Northridge4X4 sell gears? For me, there's no other option....even though they are SLAM across the country. I'd rather deal with great customer service ANY day of the week.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

This may be a dumb question/comment, but it was my understanding that in using Dana assemblies the ring & pinion gears should be fairly standard. Am I off base on this? I always thought a Dana 44 is a Dana 44, etc. baring any issues with the spline.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:27 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sn4cktime
This may be a dumb question/comment, but it was my understanding that in using Dana assemblies the ring & pinion gears should be fairly standard. Am I off base on this? I always thought a Dana 44 is a Dana 44, etc. baring any issues with the spline.
No. Not true for the D44 rear, but the D30 fronts on non Ruby models is the same. The ring gear bolts are a different diameter in the D44 in the JK than all the rest.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:53 PM
JK Super Freak

No matter what brand the box says they are made by Superior. Place you order, get in line and wait. That's all you can do.

I will add that after you do it you'll agree that it was worth the wait.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I Do not have tracking numbers yet but if everything works out we will have a ton of gears late next week.

David
Old 07-18-2008, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh, I got mine last week. Rusty's Off Road had them in stock for the 4.88. Not sure about the 5.13's
Old 07-18-2008, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Been waiting for about 6 weeks for mine, 4wheelparts says they'll have 'em in this Monday.
UPS tracking show delivery Monday at their Compton Warehouse.

Quick Reply: Ring & Pinion Set