Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ripp failed emissions

Old 01-30-2017, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ripp failed emissions

Why guys has anyone else had this issue? Is it something that can be corrected with a custom tune instead of the tune Ripp supplies?
Old 01-30-2017, 03:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What State and what year JK? What specifically failed?
Old 01-30-2017, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

My 2011 wouldn't pass. Could not get the drive cycle monitor for the O2/Cat's to set. My friend has an 09 that has a custom tune off of a dyno and the drive cycle monitors were all set for him after a 2 day stay there. Guess had to go thru the cool down over night to reset them on the 2nd day. I just took mine off to pass smog and gave it to the person that bought the rig in a basket knowing it was going to cost them another grand to get it to pass in 2 years.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:55 PM
JK Newbie

Yep same here was told it just needed time to learn and reset. Talked to a good friend of mine though and he said he saw this on an f150 he worked on with an sct programmer and said that it actually turned the 02 sensors off so there was no check engine light. So I'm guessing I'm screwed being that I'm in PA and they are pretty strict!
Old 01-31-2017, 12:58 PM
JK Newbie

I'm thinking I should just go back to stock or figure out which state is close enough that is less strict and get it done that way!
Old 01-31-2017, 01:13 PM
JK Newbie

I would love to get some feedback from Ripp about this and be able to actually get this thing to pass emissions in Pa
Old 01-31-2017, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dozercrusher
Yep same here was told it just needed time to learn and reset. Talked to a good friend of mine though and he said he saw this on an f150 he worked on with an sct programmer and said that it actually turned the 02 sensors off so there was no check engine light. So I'm guessing I'm screwed being that I'm in PA and they are pretty strict!
Drove mine for 3 years and it never "learned it." Then I was told the same thing when it was time to smog it to sell it. That's when I knew my buddy was right when he told me to get the tune done. And I would have spent the grand if I was going to keep it..

Old 01-31-2017, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

So u believe a custom tune will work? I'm not so sure there is a reason y they turned the 02 sensors off in afraid without dialing it way down it won't work right.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:47 PM
JK Newbie

Also curious if it is only on the latest tune they have a friend of mine has had his Ripp on his 3.6 for years and has never had emissions problems
Old 02-01-2017, 11:27 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dozercrusher
Also curious if it is only on the latest tune they have a friend of mine has had his Ripp on his 3.6 for years and has never had emissions problems
Please contact tuning@rippmods.com

Quick Reply: Ripp failed emissions