Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ripp long tube headers

Old 10-14-2012, 11:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ripp long tube headers

I have a 2007 JK, auto with 35's and 5.13's. I have to do something to get more power. I can not at this time afford a s/c or v8 swap. Been hearing and looking at the Ripp headers but need to hear the good, bad and ugly from people with first hand experience and state what year, tranny and tire size you are running. Need to hear before I drop that kind of money.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:24 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 4wheels4life
I have a 2007 JK, auto with 35's and 5.13's. I have to do something to get more power. I can not at this time afford a s/c or v8 swap. Been hearing and looking at the Ripp headers but need to hear the good, bad and ugly from people with first hand experience and state what year, tranny and tire size you are running. Need to hear before I drop that kind of money.
Not sure if this is still the case but if you are running or plan to run a long arm suspension lift they won't work without modification. Had a friend running a LCA kit with the RIPP headers and he spent a lot of money to get them modified to work with his kit. They do sound awesome and are probably the best headers out there (most others are short vs long) but not sure just how much that alone will add to your HP without doing the Supercharger as well. He has some really nice HP gains but he also has tuner issues with his so it's definitely not low maintenance.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
Not sure if this is still the case but if you are running or plan to run a long arm suspension lift they won't work without modification. Had a friend running a LCA kit with the RIPP headers and he spent a lot of money to get them modified to work with his kit. They do sound awesome and are probably the best headers out there (most others are short vs long) but not sure just how much that alone will add to your HP without doing the Supercharger as well. He has some really nice HP gains but he also has tuner issues with his so it's definitely not low maintenance.
We do sell Headers specific for Long arm suspension, you have to specify when ordering. While the tuner is necessary to reap the full benifits of our Long tube headers, it is not a must have, and can be added in the future. Whether you get it from us or another source, we will send you the tune for the Diablosport either way.

RIPP
Old 10-14-2012, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theres a few people here on the forum that are running the headers ( SGT Chuck) he also has the RIPP supercharger. I've been running the supercharger for about a year and its GREAT!!!! I'm saving up to get the headers next!!

Quick Reply: Ripp long tube headers