Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

River Raider JK Dana 30 Axle Gusset Kit

Old 03-02-2012, 06:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default River Raider JK Dana 30 Axle Gusset Kit

Hey all, anyone on here used this? Will this really strengthen a D30?

Opinions?

Old 03-02-2012, 06:04 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

if you are referring to gussets that reinforce the axle c's, they'll all do the same job and yes, they will help prevent the bending of the c's.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
if you are referring to gussets that reinforce the axle c's, they'll all do the same job and yes, they will help prevent the bending of the c's.
Is it something that is worth doing? Moderate 4 wheeling, but not looking to replace my front axle unless I break it..

Thanks
Old 03-02-2012, 06:11 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 11REDJK
Is it something that is worth doing? Moderate 4 wheeling, but not looking to replace my front axle unless I break it..

Thanks
It is cheap insurane to help prevent them from bending. Anything can happen on the trail, all depending on how you wheel and what you call "moderate or hard wheeling". Everyones idea of wheeling is different....
Old 03-02-2012, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, I live in Florida...the most extreme wheeling I would see is probably some of the obstacles at Jeep Beach..It does get a little rougher up around Ocala, but I dont get up that way often. Mostly MUD, and small hills here.

Will this help strengthen for 37 inch tires? Sorry, my TJ has D44 front and back so first time I am dealing with this

Thanks
Old 03-02-2012, 06:25 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 11REDJK

Thanks
if you plan on running larger than stock tires, yes, it's definitely worth doing. the c's are weak and prone to bending and that will give your wheels camber. before someone comes on here and recommends it, you DON'T need to sleeve your axle.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:29 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
if you plan on running larger than stock tires, yes, it's definitely worth doing. the c's are weak and prone to bending and that will give your wheels camber. before someone comes on here and recommends it, you DON'T need to sleeve your axle.
you don't as WOL said, that and no need to "truss" the axle tube either for that matter - being that a truss is an alternate way to strengthen the tubes on the outside as supposed to sleeves for the inside of the tubes
Old 03-02-2012, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys, much appreciate your assistance

Quick Reply: River Raider JK Dana 30 Axle Gusset Kit