Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

River Raider VS Offroad Evolution VS PSC armor

Old 06-30-2015, 03:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All are very comparable in quality. The only key difference with PSC is their corners are 1/8" vs. 3/16", but they fit the contour of the Jeep much better than the others. That said I dented my rear driver side door and did nothing to the corners from sliding into a tree during winter wheeling.

I prefer the Genright tire carrier and eventually plan to sell my PSC rear bumper and tire carrier then get the PSC rear bumper and the Genright carrier. Reason... I want am going to 37's with plans of 40's next go around.

That said... get what you like the look of as long as it is from a quality manufacturer. Use aluminum were it makes sense like the tire carrier and fenders as the steel parts weight adds up really fast.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

What is your basis for saying they are all comparable? What products from each of the vendors do you have personal experience with?
Old 06-30-2015, 05:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lkjk
I have evo sliders. at the time they were the only ones that fit the bill. now that there are others, I'd get VKS Fab sliders.

Mine are great, i just used to follow evo on fbook and they seem like a bunch of d!cks. plus they support eddie and that BS. That being said, i'll be getting their corner armor...3/16s and pretty cheap. PSC looks better but 1/8" steel seems thin, and twice the cost.
When you need a ratchet strap to install the corners you'll understand why they are half the price of PSC.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only have experience with Evo I did not drink the coolaid either. but price point was good for me. I went with the evo protec system oil pan transmission and cross-member all for right around 300 for all. I searched other brands and they would of cost more hell just the tranmission skid plate was over 300 and it didnot cover the oil pan. the only ones I need now are the fuel tank skid . I believe on Northridge site the set is a little over 300 .
Old 06-30-2015, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have psc rock rails on this jeep and my last. I had a psc front bumper on my last and I had psc fender flares on my last.

I had evo corners on my last and it's what I'm putting on this one.

I had gen right tire carrier on my last.

The directions provided with each were all very detailed and very comparable.

The workmenship was all very comparable

The price points are all comparable

The quality is all comparable

Tech support can not be best from gen right When talkin with them how to make their tire carrier work with the evo corners they worked with me. Psc. Well thieir tech support not great. I was told this time around with rock rails they don't supply three bolts as it should have came in my jeep if I had factory steps which mine didn't. I asked what size bolt I needed and was told to call a dealer.

Evo I had no need to call tech support. Yes their rock corners aren't as fitted as psc are but they are thick and tough I leaned mine against a tree and a rock last year no damage. Same with psc flares.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

My personal experience with other vendors I had an or fab tire carrier it rattled and rusted and flew open consistently.

I have friends who had other rock rails that when they hit a rock they folded up I don't recall the brand.

I had a body armor bumper which was tough and kept good shape.

I had an or fab rear bumper which the powder coat rusted quickly.

This go around I'm not cheating out on parts I'm buying the quality I know from the brands I trust. Evo Genright and psc all the way.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:54 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I just got a shrockworks rear bumper and freaking quality is worth every penny. Took 4 weeks from order to mounted.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jonboy74
What is your basis for saying they are all comparable? What products from each of the vendors do you have personal experience with?
Poison Spyder... I have pretty much everything they make for a JK, Front Bumper, Rear Bumper with carrier, Brawler Rockers, Front & Rear Fenders, Crusher Corners, Evap Skid, and Transmission Cross Member.
The only con to the PSC bumpers are the spyder cutouts; they weaken the area and if you make contact it will bend in the area. The same goes for any vendor who has logo cutouts.
Support from PSC is amazing. I had some issues and they were more than willing to help in any way. I would buy from them again.

Some of the folks I wheel with have Genright carriers, they are well built, hold large tires, hold large tires open and close easy, and doesn't rattle. I have played with them plenty

Rugged Ridge... bought some tires from a guy who had it on his Jeep. By applying pressure to the bumper he could make the end flex on the bumper.

Evo, I have their Oil Pan Skid, high quality, good fitment.

Quick Reply: River Raider VS Offroad Evolution VS PSC armor