Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RK 2.5" Flex or Metalcloak 2.5" dual rate ARB edition

Old 06-19-2015, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RK 2.5" Flex or Metalcloak 2.5" dual rate ARB edition

Okay so these are the last two kits I'm deciding between. My jeep is a daily driver but hits some mild and moderate trails here and there but nothing extreme. I know both are great kits but can't choose without getting some real life comparisons. I'm leaning heavily towards Metalcloak though. Thanks guys. Any questions just as. 2009 2DR Sport
Old 06-19-2015, 05:20 PM
JK Junkie

Highly subjective but two great kits. Your choice my friend.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:35 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Throw up a poll and go with the winner.

Or, since all the people who have Rk will vote RK, and all the people with MC will vote MC - just flip a coin.

But I vote MC, since that is what I have...
Old 06-19-2015, 06:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually have a mix of RK and metalcloak. I know mind blown. Lol. Hope that helps. Lol
Old 06-20-2015, 05:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Throw up a poll and go with the winner.

Or, since all the people who have Rk will vote RK, and all the people with MC will vote MC - just flip a coin.

But I vote MC, since that is what I have...
Seems like flipping a coin will be the easiest way to decide Lol

I mean for the extra money is MC really worth it? If so then ill spend the extra cash. Anyone have ride height comparisons between the two? Id like to avoid DS issues as long as possible. Thanks
Old 06-22-2015, 04:51 PM
JK Freak

The rk kit will be true height or at least close now that they have changed the kits to make them 2door or 4door specific
Old 06-22-2015, 07:34 PM
JK Newbie

The rk 2.5 springs I was running couldn't handle the weight of a steel bumper with swing out and a jerry can. Had about an inch off the bump stops. Upgraded to ome heavy springs and now have about 3 inches of space on springs that should have provided the same lift. If you plan to wheel with any sort of load I suggest the ome's. Fully loaded for a week in moab with averaging 7-9 hours of seat time a day that far off the bump stops with the rk springs got old real quick.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I run a mixed RK & MC kit as well. It started all RK however their springs dont even compare to MC springs in free length & ride quality. RK makes great arms (not always the right length) and great joints and they can be had at a great price. If I could start over I would run RK Arms & TB's with MC Springs & MC's BDS tuned Fox Shocks.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:42 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Ajkaz
I run a mixed RK & MC kit as well. It started all RK however their springs dont even compare to MC springs in free length & ride quality. RK makes great arms (not always the right length) and great joints and they can be had at a great price. If I could start over I would run RK Arms & TB's with MC Springs & MC's BDS tuned Fox Shocks.
The new RK triple or previous gen progressive/linear? No comparison between the two.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:04 PM
JK Freak

I have RK arms with AEV springs. The arms are stout. I am very intrigued however with the new Synergy no maintenance joints that seem even better than Metalcloaks.

Quick Reply: RK 2.5" Flex or Metalcloak 2.5" dual rate ARB edition