Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Hard OP skid questions

Old 09-07-2008, 03:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My exhaust was rubbing the skid but I had no idea until I removed the skid and noticed the mark. Never felt a thing.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe mine hangs down lower than most. I can see where I can bend the hanger some, but it is still going to be close. If you note where the exhaust hangs down, there's about 1/2" lower than the cross member (red arrow). The passenger side doesn't hang down as far as the driver's side - in fact it is about flush. The stock auto transmission skid has a significant bend (green arrow) to account for clearance. The Rock Hards look to go flush with the bottom of the cross member.

I'm guessing it's going to take a combination of bending the hanger up and adding a washer or two between the cross member and the skid plate to get a little separation. Don't want the exhaust to contact the plate for rattle and heat transfer issues.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Exhaust Crossover.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	12668

Quick Reply: Rock Hard OP skid questions