Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Hard rear bumper and tire carrier install

Old 05-13-2014, 12:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rock Hard rear bumper and tire carrier install

Hello fellow Jeepers! I recently bought a rock hard rear bumper and tire carrier for my 2010 Jeep Jk. I bought it off craigslist and unfortunately the purchase did not come with instructions. I have been searching for instructions everywhere! Please if you know any any threads or have the instructions let me know. Thank you.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think quadratic.com posts the directions to all the products they sell. I would try there
Old 05-13-2014, 12:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 4W-Jive
I think quadratic.com posts the directions to all the products they sell. I would try there
Ya I already check at quadratic.com and Rock Hard website. I wasn't able to find anything.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:31 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Why not call them,they have a Tech line
Old 05-13-2014, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sent you a link on the install

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2014, 12:08 PM
JK Newbie

I did my install a few weeks ago and sure i still have the instructions. PM me if you get stuck and i can scan and email them over. I also got the bumper 2nd hand and it was a total pain to install as i have a bent rear cross-member. If it had not been for that i think it would have been pretty straight forward.
Thanks
Dave

Old 05-13-2014, 04:38 PM
JK Newbie

Whooo finally finished installing my bumper! Thank you everyone for your help!!!
Old 05-13-2014, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Range_Time
I did my install a few weeks ago and sure i still have the instructions. PM me if you get stuck and i can scan and email them over. I also got the bumper 2nd hand and it was a total pain to install as i have a bent rear cross-member. If it had not been for that i think it would have been pretty straight forward.
Thanks
Dave

I finally put everything together. I just have one question, does the little handle/latch that opens the tire carrier rattle or is it nice and firm. When I drive I can heard the latch bounce up and down.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nelsunnn
I finally put everything together. I just have one question, does the little handle/latch that opens the tire carrier rattle or is it nice and firm. When I drive I can heard the latch bounce up and down.
It should be nice and firm. Are you sure the carrier is fully latched? The mechanism has two positions and the carrier must be closed firmly enough to engage the second lock. Also the rubber bumper should be compressed enough to firmly push against the carrier to eliminate rattles.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rob50lx
It should be nice and firm. Are you sure the carrier is fully latched? The mechanism has two positions and the carrier must be closed firmly enough to engage the second lock. Also the rubber bumper should be compressed enough to firmly push against the carrier to eliminate rattles.
Thanks for the tips! I'll check it out to make sure it is locking into the second lock.

Quick Reply: Rock Hard rear bumper and tire carrier install