Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Hard Skids & Teraflex long arm?

Old 02-05-2009, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Hard Skids & Teraflex long arm?

Does anyone know if the Rock Hard skid plates will fit with a 4" Teraflex long arm lift?
Old 02-06-2009, 08:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Not without modification. The Skid Row oil pan skid will fit with Long Arms.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:33 PM
JK Freak

why does it not work? Is it because a notch needs to get cut out for the front driver lower control arm? Just curious, this might be the only place that would be a problem right.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Shouldn't be too big of an issue.

You should just have to notch them for the control arm brackets. And if those happen to be a bolt point, you'd just need to fab up a wrap around section to another bolt point, or a L of some sort and bolt into the control arm bracket. Just don't waste money getting the affected plates pre-painted or powder coated.

If you're not a welder, or know a welder get a hold of a local club for an assist, or drop by a small weld fab shop, they'll whip something up quick for a couple bucks.

I used to do stuff like that all the time over my lunch breaks or after my shift for a case of beer.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:22 AM
JK Freak

From what I can tell its just the little piece on on oil pan skid on the driver side of the driveshaft. This should be left off and it would work. Correct me if I wrong somebody.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:39 AM
JK Super Freak

That's right. They wont fit without modification, however, the modification should not be too bad. The Skid row ones are cheaper and will fit without modification.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

The Skid Row plates aren't full edge to edge slider plates though. They're component covers. That's not an apples to apples comparison at all.

The only two setups I'd consider dropping money into are the Rock Hard 4x4's or the Treks. I prefer the look of the Treks; rail to rail, and up over the sides (with their boatside sliders) with no body drilling.

Quick Reply: Rock Hard Skids & Teraflex long arm?