Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler 3.5" Flex system

Old 03-11-2013, 10:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Seanb33

Thanks for the info. There's no other way to attach the rear track bar bracket without Welding it? Looks like I'll have to find someone to weld for me
The rear track bar bracket bolts onto the original track bar mount but, the original track bar mount on the axle is thin and weak. To ensure that the RK track bar relocation bracket is "bomb proof", it is highly recommended that it be welded to the axle tube.

Its just 2 quick 1" beads and its done.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by finfreeze
The rear track bar bracket bolts onto the original track bar mount but, the original track bar mount on the axle is thin and weak. To ensure that the RK track bar relocation bracket is "bomb proof", it is highly recommended that it be welded to the axle tube.

Its just 2 quick 1" beads and its done.
Originally Posted by Paws
You wont need it welded right away for road use. You will need this welded before taking it out 4 wheeling. They mention this in their instructions. I have the 3.5 Max Travel and man its a sweet onroad ride. Solid is how I would explain it. While my kit has a bit more included, I cant exactly tell you how yours will right but i bet it would be pretty close. Their measurements were spot on.
Thanks for the help. How is the ride and handling without the high steer on a 3.5" lift? I thought I've seen the track bar bracket bolted on, but I'll have it welded as recommended.

Thanks,
Sean
Old 03-11-2013, 11:44 AM
JK Junkie

I dont find any need for the high steer kit. I have no bumpsteer and it drives fantastic.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Biggy
I dont find any need for the high steer kit. I have no bumpsteer and it drives fantastic.
That's good to hear, do you have the flex system? Or do you have all 8 arms, and rear track bar? Am I eventually going to want the rear track bar or is it not too important?
Old 03-11-2013, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Another thing I realized, with the 2012 automatic I'll need to modify my exaust so the front driveshaft doesn't touch. If I get the dynomax competition exaust will I need to modify it still or will that exaust system fix the problem?
I have the dynomax competition exhaust which is a cat back so if you offroad your going to need exhaust spacers or a 1310 front drive shaft. Also with the stock driveshaft the joint on the t-case will eventually go bad because of the angle after the lift
Old 03-11-2013, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by egeli
I have the dynomax competition exhaust which is a cat back so if you offroad your going to need exhaust spacers or a 1310 front drive shaft. Also with the stock driveshaft the joint on the t-case will eventually go bad because of the angle after the lift
What happens when the joint goes bad? Does it break or just make noise and become annoying? What's the cost to replace the joint?
Old 03-11-2013, 12:31 PM
JK Super Freak

What happens when the joint goes bad? Does it break or just make noise and become annoying? What's the cost to replace the joint?
You should replace your DS when you do your lift. I was told by RK to replace mine with the 2.5" MT. 3.5" and you definitely need to replace it. RK lifts run tall, don't wait until it breaks. You can also sell your undamaged front DS to recover some of the cost.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by suicideking
You should replace your DS when you do your lift. I was told by RK to replace mine with the 2.5" MT. 3.5" and you definitely need to replace it. RK lifts run tall, don't wait until it breaks. You can also sell your undamaged front DS to recover some of the cost.
I'll be looking into that as well. If I keep the wheeling to a minimum until I get a new driveshaft, should I have any problems with the stock one?
Old 03-11-2013, 01:04 PM
JK Junkie

That's good to hear, do you have the flex system? Or do you have all 8 arms, and rear track bar? Am I eventually going to want the rear track bar or is it not too important?
I have just the flex system. If I remember right I was only out maybe 3/4" side to side in the rear so I still have the stock rear track bar. Im still on the stock driveshafts as well and they are still going strong despite many wheeling trips over the last two years. If your is an auto then definitely get a front shaft sooner then later. I also ended up with the advertised amount of lift although that is with heavy bumpers sliders etc.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Biggy
I have just the flex system. If I remember right I was only out maybe 3/4" side to side in the rear so I still have the stock rear track bar. Im still on the stock driveshafts as well and they are still going strong despite many wheeling trips over the last two years. If your is an auto then definitely get a front shaft sooner then later. I also ended up with the advertised amount of lift although that is with heavy bumpers sliders etc.
Yea, it's an unlimited sport auto. Completely stock, no bumpers, no armor, absolutely nothing yet, so I'll be riding a little tall for a while. I really don't want to replace a driveshaft right now so I guess I'll take the gamble and see how long it lasts.

Thanks,
Sean

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler 3.5" Flex system