Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rock krawler springs

Old 12-25-2014, 04:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rock krawler springs

hi all , I'm new to the forum world but a long time jeeper. well my question is, if I get the 1.5 RK springs (front&rear) will these level the jeep with the lift ? if these don't really level the jeep with the lift I know I could get a 1'' spacer for the front. or I was thinking do away with the spacer and get the RK 2.5'' front coils & the RK 1.5'' rear coils . ive got the bumpers rock rails and gear in it and the front is saging even with out the winch yet. how much lift can you put on these jk's before you need adjustable track bars? I just like the look of jeeps sitting level. and I don't tow anything to need the front rake. im looking for a little lift ive got bushwacker flat flairs, a low center of gravity build. tires will be what ever will fit after lift. any one with these lifts or springs have any thoughts or info would be awesome.. thanks in advance ..that was a lot of questions sorry. I hope I did this all right its my first time

oh,, I have a 2008 rubicon 4 door.... the only suspension mod 1'' spacers right now
Old 12-25-2014, 05:09 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

You might want to look into the JKS ACOS. It will let you dial it in to whaterver you need without buying new coils.
Old 12-25-2014, 05:54 PM
JK Newbie

I did look into them and I think there a pretty cool idea but I really need new springs and if im going to buy springs I really don't want to buy stock ones .. id like to get some spring back under the jeep matched up with some good shocks .. anyone out there know if they level out the jeep ? or should I go for the 2.5'' fronts? any thoughts on good adjustable track bars or do I even need them ? I guess I can answer that when the springs are on . id just like to get the right springs the first time.
Old 12-25-2014, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes the 1 1/5 springs do level out the jeep
Old 12-25-2014, 06:22 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

The coils length (amount of lift) will depend on the weight of the vehicle. What may level forn one jeep may not for another. Adding a steel bumper and winch should only cause about 1/2" loss of height, not enough to be forced to replace the factory coils. Shocks should not be needed if you are raising the jeep to regain loss height. Going with a longer body shock will require longer bump stops and likley reduced articulation.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 2012 JKU and currently run a Teraflex 2.5" BB lift. After adding my new winch and bumper last week I noticed what ended up being a 1" drop in the front. I ordered the Rock Krawler 2.5" coils front and rear and plan on installing them this coming week. Haven't decided on shocks yet so still running stock shocks with extensions for now. Will share the results. Like you, not sure if a new adjustable track bar is needed but will find out soon enough.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:47 AM
JK Newbie

cool ,, id like to here how your springs work for you & how much the 2.5'' really lifts your jeep measurements from ground to pinch seem front and rear under doors would be awesome . I know every jeep is different but if the springs are made to level or to keep a front rake makes big difference in plaining on what to buy . right now I have rear of jeep loaded with my stuff and I have smittybilt front and rear xrc bumpers &xrc rock rails and flat fenders I don't even have the winch on the front yet and the front sag is really bad looking . and like said before I guess after jeep is lifted and leveled and sitting back on the ground is when the measurements will tell aj. track bars are needed. and bump stops ,shocks. ext.....thanks all.

Last edited by DAN E; 12-26-2014 at 06:13 AM.
Old 12-26-2014, 03:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the Rock Krawler 1.5 coils.

I installed them last week but so far my vehicle is setting level. I have sliders that weigh 120 combined, front bumper that is 80, and a winch that is 55.
The tires are stock Rubicon tires. After looking at my current alignment spec. I would say the front lower control are needed.
Old 12-26-2014, 03:36 PM
JK Newbie

very nice mikejkur,, sweet jeep I really like how that sits. with my flat fenders and the 1.5'' RK lift, I think ill get a nice size tire under there and be good to go. nice to see how level yours sits with steel bumper and winch.. thanks for the great pic..... did you just get the coils??? thats what im going to start off with too... how much lift do you think you got????
Old 12-26-2014, 04:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DAN E
very nice mikejkur,, sweet jeep I really like how that sits. with my flat fenders and the 1.5'' RK lift, I think ill get a nice size tire under there and be good to go. nice to see how level yours sits with steel bumper and winch.. thanks for the great pic..... did you just get the coils??? thats what im going to start off with too... how much lift do you think you got????
I have seen pictures of 2 or 3 people with flat fenders and 35s.

I purchased this kit https://www.rivercityoffroad.com/mob...e=RKJK15SM-PKG plus the front lower control arms. I have only installed the coils, shocks, and sway bar links. I need to purchase rear brake line relocation brackets since the stock brake lines are to short.
The front coils, from the spring perch to the spring tower I got 11-3/16. From the ground to the fenders I at about 38" all the way around.

Quick Reply: rock krawler springs