JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/rock-krawler-suspension-open-tech-line-jk-forum-members-274048/)

kjeeper10 06-29-2013 02:12 PM

January ... June, close enough :oops:

GoBig 06-29-2013 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by kegnut (Post 3601522)
Here's a crazy idea. Pick up the phone, call, and talk to a real human being. You wouldn't believe how effective this is.

Exactly!!! They do answer their phone, I called them yesterday and they were very helpful!

RiverCityOffroad 06-29-2013 02:47 PM

FWIW I spoke with Jeremy this afternoon and he said he will have the situation corrected one way or another by Tuesday.

Y'all have a good weekend.

Marcus

HappyJK 06-29-2013 03:43 PM

Good to hear. It's a good thing to have that kind of support when you need it. We shall see.

Rock Krawler Suspension 06-30-2013 11:02 PM

Hey folks we apoligize for the loss of our comunication on this thread! So many things to do and so little time. We would like to thank Marcus and anyone else who has helped people out in here. We do always answer our phones and if you have a question that is urgent or would just like to talk to a human about something then feel free to call us at the shop 518-270-9822. We will run back through the thead and answer all the questions that we can!

RK

Rock Krawler Suspension 06-30-2013 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by BuckLisa (Post 3549069)
Another member on here has his RK drag link hitting the track bar bolt on your drag link flip kits track bar bolt. I had the same , but I added washers to the steering stops to prevent it. My RK lower control arms are at their shortest length at a 4.5 inch lift and my upper RK's are dialed in for a perfect pinion angle for my DC driveshaft. Is there anything else we can do to prevent the contact?

Attachment 456226

Bucklisa,

What is your caster at? You don't set front pinion angle you would set the caster on the front axle and then if you had a driveshaft vibration you would adjust slightly for pinion angle within reason keeping in mind how your pinion angle corrections are going to affect you caster reading and on road ride. Chances are you are a little light on caster and that is causing the front track bar relocation bracket to rolled forward causing the contact.

RK

Rock Krawler Suspension 06-30-2013 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Paws (Post 3549173)
Just now seeing this thread. This is my pic of the 3.5 max travel. All adjusted to what RK recommended. Rides awesome and kit is stout. Just noticed today during an inspection this was happening. Was going to call tomorrow since its after hours. Not a huge deal and I might need to run washers too. Just wanted your thoughts.

The same question would arise as our response to Bucklisa... What is your caster set at? This can have a lot to do with contact between the draglink and track bar bolt.

RK

Rock Krawler Suspension 06-30-2013 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by nickcoleman (Post 3549521)
Can't decide what to do. I want to replace my spacer lift with a coil lift. I have a Warn Elite bumper and M8000 winch which dropped the front about an 1". The spacers are 2.5" front and 1" rear which brought the JK to level. This is on a 2dr with softtop.

What I'd really like is about 1/2" drop/rake in the front -- so when I load a 200-300 lbs of camping gear in the back it stays level.

When I look at the RK springs on JKs with a heavy front bumper/winch, it appears like the upper part of the coil is almost totally compressed. Doesn't that negate the purpose of a dual rate coil? So, why not just go with a normal coil like Teraflex/OME? (Asking this for info, not to be critical of RK.)

We design our kits around a fulley equiped rig; bumpers, winch, tire carrier, spare, armor. We use a progressive rate coil in the front like you mentioned. It is completely normal for the softer top rate to sit almost compressed at normal ride height. In the rear we use a linier rate coil due to the fact that people do like to load the back of thier rigs up with gear often. You could use a slightly taller then stock spring spacer/isolator to give the vehicle the slight rake you are lookig for.

RK

Rock Krawler Suspension 06-30-2013 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by rob_p (Post 3549605)
I have a 2011 JKU Rubicon, which apart from a couple of skids is basically stock and I'm looking at your 3.5 Flex System and 15" MB TKO wheels with 35" MT/Rs.

Anything to watch out for with this combination?

Nothing to watch out for, just make sure you have the proper back spacing on the wheel. We recommend 4.5" of backspace on a 9" wide wheel. With the smaller diameter wheel you may have some issues if you want to run some of the HD steerings availiable in the future.

RK

Rock Krawler Suspension 06-30-2013 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by JustTryingToLive (Post 3549794)
I just bought a 2.5 max travel kit, and i was wondering if i need to extend the axle breather hoses? thanks for the help guy, looking forward to getting the lift on in about 2 weeks

You will want to give the breather line a little of slack on the axle end by making sure that there is no slack in the line at the frame end between the points where it mounts.

RK