Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 09-29-2014, 08:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Learo2000GT
So I was looking at my front track bar joint and it looks kind of out of wack. Does this look normal?
The rubber spacers on out side of bushings have spaces between them and I noticed the grease jerk broke off. Does these look normal?
Looks fine, those just isolate the joint.

2007 Rubicon /2 door/6 speed
Old 09-29-2014, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
The wedges do help. You are probably better off relocating the perches. With pinion adjustment the perches are going to be angled back quite a bit. I believe you need the swaybar relocation brackets when moving the axle back 1" 2007 Rubicon /2 door/6 speed
Thanks. Relocation black is on fr flex kit. So is the wedges a bandaid that doesn't completely solve the problem? Thanks Doug
Old 09-29-2014, 09:56 AM
JK Junkie

Considering you have a 4 door the angle won't be as severe.
They do help to straighten out the coils and prevent the coil from hitting the track bar bracket

Old 09-29-2014, 09:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Looks fine, those just isolate the joint. 2007 Rubicon /2 door/6 speed
Thank you.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

What spring perches are recommended. Do you cut the old ones off and weld on the new perches or do they bolt on.

Last question. Or spring limiting straps recommended? I have clips in front and hose clamp in rear and bump stops.

What is the main difference between the old springs and new springs that make the upgrade nice to have.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:25 AM
JK Freak

Just crawled under my JK to do some maintenance and isolate a clacking sound and found that the top ends of three of my four swaybar links are junk. Is that end replaceable / under warranty? or do I replace the whole link?
Old 09-29-2014, 02:59 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Learo2000GT
What spring perches are recommended. Do you cut the old ones off and weld on the new perches or do they bolt on.

Yep it's that easy. Just need a welder.
JKS makes bolt on perches too.

Last question. Or spring limiting straps recommended? I have clips in front and hose clamp in rear and bump stops.

Different opinions on limit straps. Straps protect the shocks and driveshafts.

What is the main difference between the old springs and new springs that make the upgrade nice to have.
Simple, the previous coils were progressive front and a linear (single rate) rear
The new coils are both progressive (triple rate), longer and also softer. The old coils rode pretty harsh under my lightweight 2 door.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:35 AM
JK Newbie

I installed a RK 3.5 max travel kit (that I purchased through Rivercity Off-road - great company to buy through!) just over 3 months ago. I experienced rubbing on the rear passenger coil from the rear track bar. Additionally, I had the new track bar mount hit my driver side rear shock each time the rear ended compressed due to the track bar pushing the axle to the drivers side during the compression. So far the shock us just getting scrapped, but I'm worried it's going to destroy it soon.

Rear track bar fix: Regardless how I adjusted it kept rubbing so I fabricated a new body mount bracket and installed it to move the track bar back an inch (similar to the axle being shifted back an inch by the kit). No more track bar/coil rub. You can see the new bracket in the picture.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2248662534.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	579711  
Old 10-13-2014, 11:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MattAlpha
I installed a RK 3.5 max travel kit (that I purchased through Rivercity Off-road - great company to buy through!) just over 3 months ago. I experienced rubbing on the rear passenger coil from the rear track bar. Additionally, I had the new track bar mount hit my driver side rear shock each time the rear ended compressed due to the track bar pushing the axle to the drivers side during the compression. So far the shock us just getting scrapped, but I'm worried it's going to destroy it soon. Rear track bar fix: Regardless how I adjusted it kept rubbing so I fabricated a new body mount bracket and installed it to move the track bar back an inch (similar to the axle being shifted back an inch by the kit). No more track bar/coil rub. You can see the new bracket in the picture.
Why not fix the real problem by putting new coil perches on? You obviously have the skill.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:53 AM
JK Newbie

Now I need to stop the axle mount for the rear track bar from rubbing against the shock. I ground the outer edge of the track bar mount down to hopefully give it enough clearance, but it's still rubbing when the rear end is compressed.

Also, just to note my axle is centered and the Jeep was fully aligned but my local dealer after I installed the kit.

Will there be any issue if I fabricate an axle mount extension for the lower shock mount to give it the clearance necessary so the track bar's axle mount won't hit/rub it anymore?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2721446224.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	579713  

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members