Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Rails: frame or body mount?

Old 10-08-2007, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would hope that they can lift the vehicle, but I'm wondering about some real life erperience with whether the rocker pushes up into the pinch seam while lifting.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CarFanatic
With as thin of the sheet metal on the jk, I would think that a good hit would dent the crap out of the body pannels. I would say frame mounts are much stronger. I myself will be getting shrockworks sliders in a few months.
The sheet metal in the rocker area is not nearly as thin as the doors and hood, FYI. I was pleasantly surprised with the thickness of the sheet metal when I drilled for my rocker guards.

-E
Old 10-11-2007, 10:46 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We designed them with enough clearance to never touch the pinch seam. We have also gone and jacked them up on the trail (see pics on site, of scraped up sliders) with several hard hits. As well as forklifted the side of the vehicle up. Little movement at all and no where near the body.

Nick

Quick Reply: Rock Rails: frame or body mount?