Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rockstar Wheels- Paint the star?

Old 12-22-2011, 10:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dawg Nuts
Yes, remove them...looks 1000% better!

Holy smokes. Those are some good looking wheels. I was going to keep my Rubicon rims because they are gun metal, not chrome. But now I need to reconsider.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thekid96
I painted my stars black, looks way better. You will need to remove the aluminum coating before you paint them or the paint will peel right off. I ended up spending a couple hours removing the coating with an aluminum oxide blaster. Sand blasting will melt the substrate.
I'm thinking of doing this what if you just sand them with sand paper?
Old 05-14-2014, 12:44 PM
JK Newbie

Default Finally FOUND xd rim STARS in Blue, Red, Pink, All colors for Rockstars I & II wheel

Hey Guys, I finally FOUND xd rim center cap STARS in Blue, Red, Pink, etc for our Rockstars I & II wheels. They were super easy to install and now I have a personalized star wheel look!
These stars mount right over the original chrome "XD kmc Rockstar Series 775" and I believe the also have the new xd 811 star version as well
No paint, no tape, no glue, no sanding and no mess. They are ready from the box and it only took me 10 minutes to secure them in place over the current center stars. By the way, my 7 year old finished the installation on the other side. Jeepy Yeayy!
In case you change your taste in color, they are interchangeable to suit your own color combination. They may also protect my original silver center Rockstar. But I mainly bought my set of 5 pcs for the awesome customized look and easy installation. It seems like all other options listed here can get messy! So I hope this helps, you may get yours at Jeeptology Google it!

Last edited by noguerame; 05-14-2014 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by KRAAZY8
I'm thinkin my 10JK Islander in Surf Blue would look great with some Rockstars. Would prob look even better if I could paint the center cap star to match. Has anybody tried this? Besides some mud up north I'm usually on the sand or in the snow. Think it will stay?

thanks in advance
Hey Krazy8, I finally FOUND xd rim center cap STARS in Blue, Red, Pink, etc for our Rockstars I & II wheels. They were super easy to install and now I have a personalized star wheel look in color!
These stars mount right over the original chrome "XD kmc Rockstar Series 775" and I believe the also have the xd 811 version as well
No paint, no tape, no glue, no sanding and no mess. They are ready from the box and it only took me 10 minutes to secure them in place over the current center stars. By the way, my 7 year old finished the installation on the other side. Jeepy Yeayy!
In case you change your taste in color, they are interchangeable to suit your own color combination. They may also protect my original silver center Rockstar. But I mainly bought my set of 5 pcs for the awesome customized look and easy installation. It seems like all other options listed here can get messy! So I hope this helps, you may get yours at Jeeptology Google it!
Old 05-14-2014, 02:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ummm it's been over 3 year's since he posted that noguerame.... I am sure he figured it by now.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:58 PM
JK Newbie

Can't say they didn't use search! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: Rockstar Wheels- Paint the star?