Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Roof Rack

Old 05-03-2007, 05:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have my order in on the Off-Road Logic one-piece aluminum rack, but think I am going to cancel it today. I placed my oder the first of April, was told that it was in stock and shipping right away. Each time I check the status I get a different excuse and the rack still has not shipped.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by NM-JK
I have my order in on the Off-Road Logic one-piece aluminum rack, but think I am going to cancel it today. I placed my oder the first of April, was told that it was in stock and shipping right away. Each time I check the status I get a different excuse and the rack still has not shipped.
I don't blame you for cancelling. I get tired of the runaround. I got that from the dealership the other day. Oh it's on back order. Then I found out that that part was in but the other part that isn't so important is on back order.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:16 AM
JK Newbie

Top Five Racks is in the process of designing a similar safari rack which will fold back and require no drilling into the sheet metal. They will be similar to the racks they make for the previous model years. They are a Canadian company and have assured me they will be shipping by late June for around a grand Canadian dollars. topfiveracks.com
Cheers

Last edited by wayoflife; 05-06-2007 at 09:43 AM. Reason: please refrain from posting direct links to non-sponsoring manufacturers and vendors
Old 05-06-2007, 09:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by clw54
Top Five Racks is in the process of designing a similar safari rack which will fold back and require no drilling into the sheet metal. They will be similar to the racks they make for the previous model years. They are a Canadian company and have assured me they will be shipping by late June for around a grand Canadian dollars. topfiveracks.com
Cheers
Any pictures??
Old 05-07-2007, 03:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by clw54
Cheers
their site is temporarily unavailable and the offroadlogic site
is screwed up too.

I need a solid product for a fair price from a legitimate vendor.
It shouldn't be this hard.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by fathomgreencamaro
their site is temporarily unavailable and the offroadlogic site
is screwed up too.

I need a solid product for a fair price from a legitimate vendor.
It shouldn't be this hard.
It seems that we will have to wait awhile for the "RACK" vendors to catch up with the 07 JK..
I do think one of the problems is that this vehicle is longer, and that makes for problems with stress and load factor..
Sort of makes you have a Beefier system that gets bulky to look at and weighs too much.. You might see it attached to the roll bar to support it..
Another problem being how to make it so you can get at the removable roofs the 4 door JK has..

AAHHH, what to do.. No real teasers yet.. Probably will have to wait a year..

There is a very well made one already out there.. but it IS expensive..
And I think most people would rather put that kind of money in their wheel's and suspension's first.

We will also have to be careful about some of those "rushed to market" as they may not be well made etc.

There is some genius fab welder person out there thinking about it this minute..

So keep your chin up..

A temp solution might be some of the spare tire carrier designs.. Not too expensive and will help out with some of that extra stuff you plan on dragging around..:<)
Old 05-07-2007, 06:56 AM
JK Newbie

can see pics of their racks designed for the tj's at their website. topfiveracks.com
just tried to visit their website but it is down for some reason. Maybe just routine maintenance.

cheers
Chris Williams

Last edited by wayoflife; 05-07-2007 at 07:02 AM. Reason: please refrain from posting direct links and/or contact info to non-sponsoring manufacturers and vendors

Quick Reply: Roof Rack