Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rough country2.5

Old 03-19-2011, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rough country2.5

Has anyone done the 2.5" rough country install on a 4 door. Is it as easy as it sounds or will there be surprises along the way. Also how close to a stock ride is it with the 2.2 shocks. Thanks
Old 03-19-2011, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

There's a write up for an old man emu 2 inch lift that is similar to the RC 2.5 inch lift. Can't give you a link cause the iPhone app hasn't gotten that advanced yet, but just try and find it and print it out, I don't have experence with this lift but i have been told that is seems like a stock ride or maby a little better than stock.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:46 AM
JK Super Freak

I just installed the RC 2.5 w/ 2.2 shocks. To me, the Jeep seems to wander a little bit, but not too bad. Im going to order front LCA, Front trackbar and front sway bar links and I think I will have a better ride than stock. Even with all those extra parts it will be a total of about $800 which isnt too bad. Too bad I only bugeted $350 for the RC 2.5 lift...
Old 03-19-2011, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jmat1980
I just installed the RC 2.5 w/ 2.2 shocks. To me, the Jeep seems to wander a little bit, but not too bad. Im going to order front LCA, Front trackbar and front sway bar links and I think I will have a better ride than stock. Even with all those extra parts it will be a total of about $800 which isnt too bad. Too bad I only bugeted $350 for the RC 2.5 lift...
What size tires are you running and did you adjust the drag link your self or did you get a full alignment?
Old 03-19-2011, 09:56 AM
JK Junkie

A front adjustable track bar, new rear sway bar links, and brake line drop brackets should be the MINIMUM you'd want above and beyond what the RC kit offers.

For a 2.5" lift control arms are unnecessary, as the stock ones should be fine. I am running the RC 3.25" lift with stock arms, and she seems fine to me. Although, beyond what RC gives you o bought Crown brake lines, JKS trackbars, and JKS bump stops.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Pretty simple

I have the 2.5 RC lift with 2.2 shocks on my unlimited and I like it. I rides pretty smooth, but you have to consider the jeep will be taller plus the bigger tires (assuming you got bigger tires) so stock ride will not be possible. But my jeep handles and drives well in my opinion, bumps are a bit harder then stock but good.

Install was pretty straight forward, did it by myself in a DIY mechanic shop were I used their full car lift which made it very easy, about 4 hours. My suggestion would be to grab a buddy though, 4 hands are better then two
Old 03-19-2011, 10:02 AM
JK Junkie

Oh... And to your question on the shocks, and the ride...

I prefer the ride of my RC springs and shocks over that of stock. It's a little bumpier, but in a good Jeep way.

As far as the installation goes... That is pretty the same as any other lift. Expect to unbolt the trackbars enough to allow your suspension to droop to be able to easily remove your springs. Don't forgot to reinstall the factory rubber isolator... Lots of guys forget that.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-692586374.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	139613  

Last edited by u-joint; 03-19-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jwhitehorn
Oh... And to your question on the shocks, and the ride...

I prefer the ride of my RC springs and shocks over that of stock. It's a little bumper, but in a good Jeep way.

As far as the installation goes... That is pretty the same as any other lift. Expect to unbolt the trackbars enough to allow your suspension to droop to be able to easily remove your springs. Don't forgot to reinstall the factory rubber isolator... Lots of guys forget that.
What kind of bumper?
Old 03-19-2011, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkd1993
What kind of bumper?
LOL
Old 03-19-2011, 10:08 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mkd1993
What kind of bumper?