Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubi 4dr Coils on 2dr X w TF BB -Anyone?

Old 02-25-2009, 06:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rubi 4dr Coils on 2dr X w TF BB -Anyone?

I will be putting this combo on my X soon and was wondering if anyone has this setup together on a 2 door. The TF 2.5 BB I have run for over a year. I do not have an adjustable trackbar on my JK currently and was wondering if this little extra boost might make it more necessary.

My springs are sagging really bad right now with my heavy winch and custom bumper (click on sig). I am less than a inch off the TF bumpstops sitting in the driveway. My thinking is (danger, caution) that the 1 in increase I would get over the TF BB 2.5 would be absorbed by my extra weight.

I plan to just put the front in for now and see what the rake is without putting in the rear coils. I currently have an ugly nose down rake. A pic of someone with this combo would be nice. If it had a heavy winch and bumper well that would just be something.

Last edited by Geeper4x4; 02-26-2009 at 03:17 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump
i just posted the same question! ... almost
Old 02-26-2009, 03:38 AM
JK Super Freak

bump...............
Old 02-26-2009, 04:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Geeper4x4
I will be putting this combo on my X soon and was wondering if anyone has this setup together on a 2 door. The TF 2.5 BB I have run for over a year. I do not have an adjustable trackbar on my JK currently and was wondering if this little extra boost might make it more necessary.

My springs are sagging really bad right now with my heavy winch and custom bumper (click on sig). I am less than a inch off the TF bumpstops sitting in the driveway. My thinking is (danger, caution) that the 1 in increase I would get over the TF BB 2.5 would be absorbed by my extra weight.

I plan to just put the front in for now and see what the rake is without putting in the rear coils. I currently have an ugly nose down rake. A pic of someone with this combo would be nice. If it had a heavy winch and bumper well that would just be something.
I wouldn't get your hopes up that the front Rubi springs will cure the rake with all that weight you have up front. In fact, I removed all 4 of my Rubi Springs and 2.5" BB spacers in favor of the Teraflex's 2.5" coils all the way around to correct this very problem (too much front rake). If I were you I would suggest new 2.5"-3" aftermarket coils. Just my opinion but I've already been through what you're doing.

Last edited by HG07JKRubi; 02-26-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Signature has specs.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HG97TJ
I wouldn't get your hopes up that the front Rubi springs will cure the rake with all that weight you have up front. In fact, I removed all 4 of my Rubi Springs and 2.5" BB spacers in favor of the Teraflex's 2.5" coils all the way around to correct this very problem (too much front rake). If I were you I would suggest new 2.5"-3" aftermarket coils. Just my opinion but I've already been through what you're doing.
I see that you are driving an Unlimited--so I think your missing the fact that I have a 2 Door and I'm putting 4 Door HD coils in the front. They are different lengths and stiffness.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks to everyone for the response and pics!!!

Quick Reply: Rubi 4dr Coils on 2dr X w TF BB -Anyone?