Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubicon Express 3.5in Standard HELP!!!

Old 10-27-2010, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon Express 3.5in Standard HELP!!!

Will be installing this lift over the weekend and have a few questions about the cam bolts? Is there a reason to install these, i was reading a thread a few days ago and someone said that they didn't worry about installing these? I cant find the thread, and was wondering do i need to install the cam bolts and what do they do? Looking over the Rubicon Express instructions the part that involves the cam bolts aren't to detail lol!
Old 10-27-2010, 05:37 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Open the Suspension FAQ's at the top of this modified area and read "what is caster? How much do I need?"

Then do a search on cam bolts for some fairly negative opinions.

But, they let you adjust your caster a small amount. (which is a good thing). The negative is that they may not adjust enough for your lift height, they are somewhat prone to slipping off-road, and if you decide to go to adjustables at some point, you have to get the holes that these make welded back up first.

Kits include these because they are a dirt cheap way to adjust caster, not because they are particularly good...

Quick Reply: Rubicon Express 3.5in Standard HELP!!!