Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rubicon Express Transfer Case Skid Plate

Old 10-16-2017, 05:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rubicon Express Transfer Case Skid Plate

Anyone have a picture of their RE Transfer case skid plate installed? Trying to see if it's worth the purchase and covers more than the stock Rubicon plate that's there now. ('15 JKU Rubicon).
Old 10-16-2017, 05:26 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

With a 3.5" lift on your 4dr, this shouldn't be something that's taking much abuse. I personally think the factory TC skid is fine. If you're going to go with a full skid system I understand the desire to have everything match and mount together, but I don't think it's worth replacing the factory with a random aftermarket skid. I have 3.5" lift on my 4dr and this skid rarely if ever touches anything. Gas skid, followed by tranny skid would be much more of a priority. If you already have those two skids, I'd even go so far as saying money on TC skid would be better spent on a different upgrade.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like good advice. Thanks.

Originally Posted by resharp001
With a 3.5" lift on your 4dr, this shouldn't be something that's taking much abuse. I personally think the factory TC skid is fine. If you're going to go with a full skid system I understand the desire to have everything match and mount together, but I don't think it's worth replacing the factory with a random aftermarket skid. I have 3.5" lift on my 4dr and this skid rarely if ever touches anything. Gas skid, followed by tranny skid would be much more of a priority. If you already have those two skids, I'd even go so far as saying money on TC skid would be better spent on a different upgrade.

Quick Reply: Rubicon Express Transfer Case Skid Plate