Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rubicon locker position switch problems

Old 01-20-2017, 06:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of times the plunger is damaged during gear installs. My plunger was fine for 2 years after new gears but last season it would keep getting jammed and the locker wouldn't disengage. After manually disengaging the locker several times I had enough. Pulled the plunger out and plugged the hole in the diff where the plunger goes in. Locker engages & disengages without issue now. The only issue is the light will flash when you turn the locker on as there is no sensor back there but you'll know when the lockers is on. Cheap solution and I am happy with it. Jeeps been running 37s for 3 years now.

Good luck
Old 01-20-2017, 06:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wrangeler X
Lol he is probably doing his own gears and ****ing those up too! What an idiot! Tires size would not cause this issue. That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard yet! Although large tire size does cause low blinker fluid! I know that from experiance!!! Northridge 4x4
Haha yeah and maybe he he'll say your brake light fluid is next on the list for replacement!
Old 01-20-2017, 12:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds to me like the reason the shop sees alot of trouble with Rubicons is because THEY screw them up on every set they do... And NO they can't jump the plate after they are installed properly, let alone caused by big tires...
Old 01-20-2017, 03:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could understand after 2 years, but I have less than 3000 miles on my jeep and have had to replace the front and rear sensors twice, has to be the shop.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, I had to laugh at this guy. HE'S been re-gearing these and every time HE does it the plunger "jumps to the other side with big tires". How many is HE re-gearing with stock sized tires? It's a matter of work quality and correctness, we don't live in a Harry Potter world and parts don't magically move about like staircases. The really funny thing is HE knows and believes it's happening and HE is a great mechanic that can't be at fault so HE creates a scenario in his mind to keep that safe and true.

Quick Reply: Rubicon locker position switch problems