Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rubicon locker wire up

Old 06-10-2014, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon locker wire up

I just got a Pro Rock running the Rubicon locker and wondering the best way to hook up the switch. I have searched and saw people say to buy a harness from Mopar for like 150 bucks. I dont really want to do that. So if anyone knows of a write up or has done this and can help me out i would greatly appreciate it. Also which plugs do what on the axle. I see 2 and im unclear which is which.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2014, 07:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK7007
I just got a Pro Rock running the Rubicon locker and wondering the best way to hook up the switch. I have searched and saw people say to buy a harness from Mopar for like 150 bucks. I dont really want to do that. So if anyone knows of a write up or has done this and can help me out i would greatly appreciate it. Also which plugs do what on the axle. I see 2 and im unclear which is which.
Well you need to find a connector plug that will work . One plug is for the actuator the other is just for light to show it's locked. Basically just wire actuator to a relay to a switch...thinking...
Old 06-10-2014, 07:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is the most thorough write up I've come across

Y90's Rubicon Axle Swap Write Up
Old 06-10-2014, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by D_engel
this is the most thorough write up I've come across

Y90's Rubicon Axle Swap Write Up
Awesome. Thanks for this. I'm going to try and do this tomorrow/Thursday.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2014, 03:58 AM
JK Junkie

I used the rugged ridge a-pillar switch pod when I wired mine. Looks stock and made things a lot easier. Wires can be fed from the engine compartment into the a-pillar. There is a 12v wire there that can be tapped to power the switches. I ran locker power wires to relays and the indicators directly to the locker. Ran a 15 amp fuse before each relay (kept them separate in case one goes, I still have one that works).

I have a diagram I made I could send. My friend helped who is an electrical engineer in the auto industry.

I personally recommend buying the $95 harness and cutting the plugs off. The lockers have some gremlins and you'll want to be able to disconnect them.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
I used the rugged ridge a-pillar switch pod when I wired mine. Looks stock and made things a lot easier. Wires can be fed from the engine compartment into the a-pillar. There is a 12v wire there that can be tapped to power the switches. I ran locker power wires to relays and the indicators directly to the locker. Ran a 15 amp fuse before each relay (kept them separate in case one goes, I still have one that works).

I have a diagram I made I could send. My friend helped who is an electrical engineer in the auto industry.

I personally recommend buying the $95 harness and cutting the plugs off. The lockers have some gremlins and you'll want to be able to disconnect them.
Thread revival. Invest2m4, can you pm me that info. I'd be very interested in that diagram.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Krawlersaur
Thread revival. Invest2m4, can you pm me that info. I'd be very interested in that diagram.
Yeah, I'll dig it up tonight. It's really an easy project. I stressed over it and then had a friend help who is an electrical engineer in the auto industry. Turned out that it was as easy as people had said.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Invest2m4

Yeah, I'll dig it up tonight. It's really an easy project. I stressed over it and then had a friend help who is an electrical engineer in the auto industry. Turned out that it was as easy as people had said.
Awesome. Thanks man!
Old 02-21-2015, 02:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

In case Invest doesn't find it, here is a schematic. If you put a LED inline as shown in the indicator circuit you will be able to tell when the locker is still engaged even after the switch is shut off.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rubi Locker Wiring.jpg
Views:	28257
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	598072  

Quick Reply: Rubicon locker wire up