Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge hood louver

Old 01-03-2015, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Added weight-
As for the weight added, somewhere around 5lbs. Basically the weight of the louver itself. (Minus cut out sheet metal but added in the hardware).

Water-
car wash water gets into the engine bay, right now we have snow here so I don't know about rain water but I'm sure it will make it in there as well. It certainly is a trade off, but to me it's worth it. Last night the jeep got some 4wd use with all this fresh snow it was nice to see heat waves coming out of that louver.

Hood rigidity-
The hood still feel rigid and strong, it was hard to cut holes in my 2012 hood but after drilling like 30+ holes for the or fab rear corner armor it gets easier .

My thoughts on the x-bracing-
I'm surprised you can't just cut out the x bracing out all together and I thought the louver would provide the rigidity back. But a fellow jk owner tried that and had to weld the bracing back in lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2512847080.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	590361  

Last edited by Shecky; 01-03-2015 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome job bro!

Sent from the swamp while taggin' a gator!
Old 01-13-2015, 06:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default i like this mod !

That really looks good . I think I like it just every bit as much as ps one if not better keep us posted as to how well it works pros & cons It helps to know what to expect good bad and the ugly ( but that isn't ugly at all

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge hood louver