Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rusty's 3.25 Opinions

Old 12-23-2006, 08:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rusty's 3.25 Opinions

I am curious to hear everbody's opinions on the Rusty's 3.25 Lift. I have seen that a few have put them on, but have not heard how they perform. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I ordered the Full Tracti9on 3" Econo, but have been considering the Rusty's. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Adam
Old 12-23-2006, 08:36 PM
JK Freak

Default FT

Seems like most people favor the FT lifts. I remember board comments about sagging coils in regards to Rustys lifts. It's early on in the product development for these rigs time will tell - patience is a virtue.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

just looking at the kit, since I am waiting for my tires. I did some comparison to some other springs from old kits I have and Rusty's kit has same spring tension as tera and re kits. I have not heard of anyone here in the Hills running a FT. but I will say this, he at least is meeting the demand with prompt service and shipping.
Old 12-24-2006, 06:33 AM
JK Freak

I have never used Rusty's but a neighbor has a 6.5" rusty's lift on his cherokee and he wheels it really hard and has NO sagging. He drives it most days and usually has a lot of gear in the back. I believe he has had it for at least 4 years. He had a 3-4" rusty on it before that.

This is just what I have seen. No real first had experience.

Bryan
Old 12-24-2006, 09:12 AM
JK Newbie

thanks for all the responses. Keep em' coming!

I think I am going to call Rusty's after the Holiday and see if they are shipping.
Old 12-24-2006, 08:10 PM
JK Super Freak

I've personally never had a Rusty's lift, but had a few friends have them and loved them, mostly TJ's. My dealership actually installs Rusty's lifts and warranties them!! But i'm not dishing out the extra money to have that done, I ordered a TeraFlex 2.5" spacer kit, I hope it stands up to my demands! As far as COILS sagging, that I'm afraid, only time will tell, so I would just go with you know works, or what you have seen first hand work. Good luck no matter what you do and keep us posted! I wanted to get 3" COILS myself, but like you, was not sure about what to get, what would sag, what was too stiff, what was too soft, etc... that's why I went the highest lift that would keep my factory coils, since I know how they handle. But good luck what ever you do!
Old 01-06-2007, 09:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I hear both good and bad things about these lifts. I mostly hear about the sagging, and the crappy ride. Sorry I don't have actual experience with this lift, mostly because of what I hear. I talk to Jeep people, they tell ME you pretty much get what you pay for. If you get it let us know how you like it.

Quick Reply: Rusty's 3.25 Opinions