Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

?'s for people running big meat...

Old 12-22-2006, 12:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question ?'s for people running big meat...

so, my JK isn't here yet...so i can't poke around it. i rely on your expertise.
on the TJ's, when we went up to 35's, a lot was required (not just lift, sye, control arms.) but things like brakes and steering also had to be addressed. 35x12.5's would tear up the stock steering pretty quick, and braking was downright hazardous.

the question i pose to you is this...
will these things also need to be addressed in the JK? i won't be going any larger than 37's
Old 12-22-2006, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only thing i would suggest is new track bars. especially if you ever plan on running 37's. The factory's are just not built to take the punnishment of wide tires. I don't have my JK yet so I wouldn't know about anything else at this time. I have heard that anything higher than a three inch lift requires some new brackets for your brake lines. I'm sure if it needed to be replaced on a TJ you might as well replace it on your JK. just my .02
Old 12-22-2006, 11:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about the Rubicon Lockers? I know the TJs started to fail when the tires got much bigger than 35.

Quick Reply: ?'s for people running big meat...