Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Seat cover experience thread

Old 03-26-2016, 04:28 PM
cmc
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had WetOkoles for a while now. good (not great) fit, and seem to be holding up well. I would recommend them to a friend.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
I have a 2009 JKU which I purchased new. After looking at seat covers, I didn't find anything I particularly liked. I ended up finding a complete set of Katzkin leather skins on eBay for a 2007 model. At the time it looked like the 2007 prices of Katzkins had dropped due to the 2009 had changed the seats some. Come to find out, the only thing that changed was that the 2007's had a hole on the top of the rear seats for the seatbelt which the 2009's didn't have.

I purchased the 2007's for $200 on eBay. I then went to an auto upholstery place in my area and had them sew in some matching leather to seal the rear seatbelt holes and also had them install the headrest covers while I was there. They charged me $75. So for $275 I now have Katzkin leather seats. I installed them myself where they were pretty easy to install, mostly just time consuming.

I love me Katzkin leather seats. They've been on now for over 6 years. The leather is worn on the driver's side bottom seat from me sliding in and out, where I'll likely just go to a leather upholstery place and have them replace that bottom seat cover. I tried to contact Katzkin but they don't seem to respond to us everyday Joe's looking to purchase replacement sections from their kits.

Here was the only difference between the 2007 and 2009 kits. $275 for leather seats, I'll take it and have been pretty happy.
You luck SOB...that's a steal!
Old 04-17-2016, 01:47 PM
JK Newbie

I just bought a set of black on black from Bartact. Ordered them on Monday from Sal and they were sitting on my door step Wednesday. Removed the Cover Kings I've had for a few years to find the white underside of the neoprene material had essentially disintegrated leaving a white nasty mess all over the seats. Literally spent more time cleaning the seats off than it took to install the Bartacts. Took me about 45 minutes and the finished product is amazing. The fit and finish is top notch and they look badass. Definitely worth the money.
Old 04-17-2016, 05:22 PM
JK Newbie

I have the exact same seat covers. They are fantastic quality. The fit is so snug it is amazing. Certainly worth the money

Quick Reply: Seat cover experience thread