Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sema build!!!! Worst long arm kit!!!!!

Old 05-30-2017, 05:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sema build!!!! Worst long arm kit!!!!!

Interesting question.....I got a call from a company that want to build my bone stock RHD jk for 2017 SEMA...They will be providing bumpers,sliders,armor,tire carrier ect...I have to supply wheels tires and a long arm lift....my question is, what is the cheapest long arm kit I can bolt on this thing....This is an absolute mall rated build so I have no issues with performance...any suggestions? dont want to do too much welding....
Old 05-30-2017, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Why waste time going with the cheapest possible thing? Metalcloak just released their bolt on long arm kit that only requires cutting a couple brackets but no welding. It would be a quality build and fit your welding requirement. Do it right or do it twice. Besides- do you really want to put your jeep out there with complete junk on it? I mean.....unless you're just looking for SEMA exposure so you can sell the jeep.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Why waste time going with the cheapest possible thing? Metalcloak just released their bolt on long arm kit that only requires cutting a couple brackets but no welding. It would be a quality build and fit your welding requirement. Do it right or do it twice. Besides- do you really want to put your jeep out there with complete junk on it? I mean.....unless you're just looking for SEMA exposure so you can sell the jeep.
I have no problem with putting junk on it...just trying to keep cost to a minimum...will definitely look at that kit for my person rig tho...Thx for the input....
Old 05-30-2017, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

When cost is the main goal, it's time to look in Rough Country direction. I have a pair of RC adjustable X-flex LCA's because cost was my main goal for those and I have no complaints. They've held up well after being on for over a year and best of all, they don't put their brand name all over them.

Here's a complete long arm kit they have for the JK. There's also an install video, so you can see what you're getting into in regards to cutting and welding.
Rough Country Long Arm Upgrade Kit for 4"-6" Lift
Old 05-31-2017, 06:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I'm curious why they want you to install a long arm kit, when all you are doing is showing off some bolt on stuff for them??
Old 05-31-2017, 07:45 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

IF you want cheap then Rough Country or Rubicon express should do it for you. The metal cloak is front only long arm. Are they doing something like a 6"+ lift on it or something? And if they are building it why do you care about the cost?
Old 05-31-2017, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
IF you want cheap then Rough Country or Rubicon express should do it for you. The metal cloak is front only long arm. Are they doing something like a 6"+ lift on it or something? And if they are building it why do you care about the cost?

I have to provide the lift wheels and tires on my dime, they are doing all the rest...never looked for cheap stuff so I dont know what companies are out there. Thanks for the help....
Old 06-01-2017, 08:47 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 06-01-2017, 09:00 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Originally Posted by Trail Jeeps
LOL. That might be your shortest response ever......but no words needed.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:52 AM
JK Newbie

If you want the cheapest crap out there, why are you even looking at a cheap long arm? Is that the stipulation on the type of lift you have to put on? Sounds shady AF.

Quick Reply: Sema build!!!! Worst long arm kit!!!!!