Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shocks

Old 03-04-2009, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shocks

This is a very dumb question but I am going to ask. I have a stock 07 2 door x 6 speed. I have talked and talked about adding a lift but cant scrap the money for what I want, so i am going to break down and go with a BB. My wife would like a smoother ride so I was going upgrade the shocks to a better ridding shock. First I was wanting to know what you guys sugested for a good ridding shock. I have heard good things about Bilstein shocks but they are $$$$

2nd thing I was wondering is can you install shock for a 2" lift without the lift? I was thinking about adding the shocks then the lift later. My mind is telling me that this wont work but i thought Id ask anyway.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:18 AM
JK Newbie

Default Teraflex

Gotta get some teraflex shocks, there the best bang for the buck.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:18 AM
jpp
JK Enthusiast

No Dumb questions here. The OME shock gives a pretty soft ride over the rough stuff, but you do feel more of the small imperfections in the road. It seems to be a little stiffer than stock on a smoother road and softer on the really rough roads, if that makes any sense. Offroad they are amazing at absorbing the bumps at higher speeds, and predictible at lower ones. I believe they have auto adjusting valving similar to what Edelbrock advertises. I am pretty happy with mine, especially after having a few miles on them. They are not what I would call cheap. Although, you can pick them up used sometimes. Check the for sale section.

The OME's are only about an inch longer than stock. Plus the OME lift doesn't use bumpstop extensions, so the shocks are designed to be compressed down to the stock bumpstops without damaging them. As a result you would have no problem running them without a lift. However, they are going to be on the short side if you try to run them with any thing over a 2-3" lift. Hope that helps..
Old 03-04-2009, 08:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OME or 5100 Bilsteins

Quick Reply: Shocks