Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shortest 3" lift system?

Old 02-28-2009, 10:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by .:eMETAL:.
teraflex with definitely give you the highest of the 3"
I keep reading close to 5" in front and 4" in back on a 2 door. I like the Teraflex flex arm systems components alot. Their customer service makes it very hard to go with anything else. In the end one of these systems could end up on my JK if I find the others aren't closer to 4" in front 3" in back.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OME LT from Northridge

Have you looked at the OME LT system Dave is offering from Northridge. Looks like a very well thought out system that should keep you around 2.5" to 3" depending on the springs you select and the bumper / winch weight you have.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robar
Full-Traction's measurements are pretty accurate. If they say 3" then that is what you will get.
My Full Traction 3" econo lift gave me 5" in the front and 3 1/4 in the rear. And that is with a winch on the front and tool and other gear in the back. But I have an Unlimited, they might be closer with the specs on the 2 door JK's.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SONIC
Id say go with the Old Man Emu setup that Northridge has.
He has already pieced it together for you so you dont have to do it...
you get the best of both worlds that way. about 3" if you go HD springs
I have looked at the OME system first hand. My friend installed one on his JK and likes it alot, its a 2 door also. He went with the medium duty weight springs. He plans to only run 33's.He bought it from Dave at Northridge. It was the kit with the JKS track bar package included.
I however think things are missing from the ome if you go with the heavy duty springs to fit 35's on. No control arms, brake lines, sway bar links.
Start adding all those components and you could have got a complete system with out the headaches of chasing down parts from another manufacture for the same price and their engineered to work together.

I will also be buying what ever suspension system I decide on from Dave at Northridge as I like to support my areas economy as many of you do also.

Thanks
Old 02-28-2009, 12:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by REVERUP
I however think things are missing from the ome if you go with the heavy duty springs to fit 35's on. No control arms, brake lines, sway bar links.
Start adding all those components and you could have got a complete system with out the headaches of chasing down parts from another manufacture for the same price and their engineered to work together.
With David's help that is exactly the setup I went with plus 3/4" front and 10mm rear spacers.
Couldn't be happier.
The only thing different I'd do is go with the OME LT shocks, and also add the coil retainers.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have looked at the OME system first hand. My friend installed one on his JK and likes it alot, its a 2 door also. He went with the medium duty weight springs. He plans to only run 33's.He bought it from Dave at Northridge. It was the kit with the JKS track bar package included.

I will also be buying what ever suspension system I decide on from Dave at Northridge as I like to support my areas economy as many of you do also.

Thanks
Please look at this thread its $1500 and a complete system

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sponsoring-manufacturers-vendors-check-out-cyber-monday-specials-24/ome-jk-long-travel-suspension-lift-details-inside-67476/
The OME JK Long travel kit is finally in stock and ready to ship!

Here is what it consist of

OME HD front and rear coils
OME Long travel Shocks
Teraflex Front and Rear Bumpstops
Currie Rock Jock Sway bar Links Front and Rear
JKS Front and Rear Trackbars
Crown Stainless steel Brake lines
Currie Front Upper control arms
Currie Rear Coil Spring retainers

All this shipped to your door for 1499.95

This lift will work on 2 door and 4 door Rubicon and non Rubicon models. The lift will net approx 3" of lift and have A whole bunch of travel!

If you already have a OME kit and need the bumpstops we have them in stock and ready to ship also .

Thanks
David
Old 02-28-2009, 12:22 PM
JK Jedi Master

If you want LOW COG, throw on a 3" long arm under it.

I would say its close to 3" of lift. I do plan on trying to fit 37's under mine after the 35's are worn down. I'm thinking flat fenders and some trimming and they'll fit.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:03 PM
JK Freak

i have the ZONE 3"kit but it come with bare min. components....it's actually made by the same compNY AS BDS lifts...i net exactly 3in. out of it...it does give the option to purchase adj. track bars with the kit as well for a little extra money but i paid 430 for the kit i have
Old 02-28-2009, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is your jk a 2 door? Was the claimed lift hight pretty close to the 3.5 advertised?
I really like the looks of these systems.

Thanks
I have the 2 door . leveled out the stock front rake. front spring added aprox 1 1/2 " over rear which i lost with winch bumper and skid about 3/4"
Old 02-28-2009, 01:47 PM
JK Jedi Master

with the 2 door, he really needs adjustable arms and new shafts....

Quick Reply: Shortest 3" lift system?