Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Should I expect my D rings / shackles to rattle?

Old 06-25-2007, 03:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Should I expect my D rings / shackles to rattle?

Should I expect them to rattle? I think I am going to order the Mopar rear bumper and still have not decided on a front, but I'm wondering if the D-rings will be noisy from flopping up and down while driving. Also, will they beat up the finish on the bumper?

Does anyone know if Mopar's front bumper is available without the loop?
Old 06-25-2007, 03:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have them on my new jeep yet, but did on my last one and never noticed them.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they do rattle, just put some black silicone on the back. They won't make noise when they flop around.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have them front and back, with the top off I can hear them. I just through some electrical tape on the bolt, problem solved.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:03 PM
JK Newbie

No, they should not rattle. Loose rings of steel dangling from one end while attached to steel on a bumper made of steel never rattle, clank, clunk, dink, chink, clink, thud or make any noise at all. Nor will they wear away a finish in their movement and inevitable contact with the painted/powdercoated areas of the bumper
Old 06-25-2007, 04:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by usmcdoc14
No, they should not rattle. Loose rings of steel dangling from one end while attached to steel on a bumper made of steel never rattle, clank, clunk, dink, chink, clink, thud or make any noise at all. Nor will they wear away a finish in their movement and inevitable contact with the painted/powdercoated areas of the bumper

WOW, you're really funny
Old 06-25-2007, 04:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
WOW, you're really funny
I guess sarcasm is not picked up by those in lack of common sense

Maybe your next question should be " Will it get windy inside my Jeep if I take the roof and doors off ?"
Old 06-25-2007, 05:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by usmcdoc14
I guess sarcasm is not picked up by those in lack of common sense

Maybe your next question should be " Will it get windy inside my Jeep if I take the roof and doors off ?"
That would depend on wether your head was up your a** or not. I guess what I should have asked was " should I expect to HEAR them rattle?" That way the geniuses on here would be able to understand a simple question. Much thanks to the courteous, contributing members here for their replies.

Thank You, please drive through.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

That would depend on wether your head was up your a** or not. .
if my head was in my butt I would not hear them rattle now would I ?

I guess what I should have asked was " should I expect to HEAR them rattle?" .
and the answer would have been more or less the same. well, less actualy.

That way the geniuses on here would be able to understand a simple question. .
is that an insult aimed at me or the other 50 or so people who viewed this thread and went "ummmm your kidding, right" and moved on. I am pretty sure with the number of views on this thread that there would have been more than 4 replies.

. Much thanks to the courteous, contributing members here for their replies. .
I am very courteous, I did not think that some simple sarcasm would have made you so butt-hurt. I will sugar coat all of my replies to your questions from now on. Now as for contributing: I have only been on here for a short while and have already added to the knowledge on here. And If your google search my screen name you will see that I have Jeep tech articles of my copied into other countries. The amount of worthless Jeep crap in my head is staggering. So take my attitude with a grain of salt.

Thank You, please drive through.
Its good to know that the fast food industry is paying you enough to enjoy one of Daimler Chryslers fine automotive products. I wish you well on your jeep building.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:33 PM
JK Super Freak

I know you replied, but all I am reading is Blah, blah, blah. Maybe I should see a first rate doc to have my eyes checked.
The fifty or so views are the people reading for the entertainment that you and I are providing. So please, don't stop now. I'm working the drive through til midnight.
I'm sure you have much more knowledge to share. We would all like to see how smart you are. Maybe you can explain to me how to put the top back up? Or maybe, how to set the radio station presets? I know you have already made me smarter, I had to look up infidel and jackass in the dictionary

Quick Reply: Should I expect my D rings / shackles to rattle?