Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ShrockWorks mid-width + SuperWinch = Yea!!

Old 10-22-2007, 06:34 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is usually someone here on Saturdays for part of the day. The lead time is not due to lack of trying.....and e-mailing info@shrockworks.com will most often get you a response usually within a few hours if not a day.

Nick
Old 10-22-2007, 06:37 AM
JK Freak

I got your email nick! Thanks!
Old 10-22-2007, 06:49 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I loved the title of this thread so much I made a picture for it...

Old 10-22-2007, 05:03 PM
JK Newbie

You have to drill the 4 new holes in the mounting plate, 2 holes in the bumper itself (the front of the mounting plate), and 2 holes in the skid plate which mounts to the underside of the bumper (and winch mounting plate). Another way to think about it is with everything installed, there's 3 layers of steel at the bottom edge of the bumper--the mounting plate, the bumper, and the skid plate (top to bottom). So, if you relocate the 2 front holes in the mounting plate, you have to drill matching holes in the bumper and skid plate.

Hope that's a little more clear. It's a lot easier to understand once you see the parts. Hopefully, ShrockWorks will be able to do this for you.

Good luck! Tried out the winch this weekend and had a great, muddy time!

Howard
Old 10-23-2007, 05:22 AM
JK Freak

gotcha! I sent my winch to shrockworks There gonna make the changes for me! Hoopefully they will save it all incase someone in the future wants to run this winch too Great customer service! now I just need to get my pennies in order to get their sliders!

Quick Reply: ShrockWorks mid-width + SuperWinch = Yea!!