Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ski rack for JK?

Old 05-05-2018, 03:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ski rack for JK?

To all,

Yesterday, we bought a brand-new 2018 Rubicon Recon, today we took it off-roading, and now its Gobi paint job is tastefully spattered with mud, just as it should be (this is not our first Jeep rodeo). The Recon will be my primary winter vehicle, and as I'm a ski instructor at Breckenridge, I need to figure out how to transport skis, other than running them down the middle on the inside. Does nobody produce a hitch rack that will fit a JK??? I already own a Thule gutter mount system with ski rack, but I can't park the Recon in my garage with the rack installed, so that's a deal-killer. I also already own a Yakima hitch bike rack, and as a ski instructor I can get the Yakima Hitchski convertor at 70% discount; however, the reviews are all awful, the consensus being to save one's money. Thule does not make a hitch rack that will fit a JK at all. Quadratech makes no fittings that will allow attachment of skis. I've read all the old threads here, but it doesn't seem anybody really has solved this problem very well. Are there other products of which I'm unaware?

Thanks in advance,

Rich

Quick Reply: Ski rack for JK?