Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

SkyJacker Track Bar Bracket - Re-enforced

Old 06-07-2007, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SkyJacker Track Bar Bracket - Re-enforced

This is in reference to the other SkyJacker broken track bar bracket thread. I just don't have the time tonoght to try and find it.

After the last weld of my track bar bracket broke last weekend (pretty much figuring it would), I finally was able to get into a real professional to make the fix. Pictures of the fix and my new Full Traction adjustable rear track bar are below.

As far as what SkyJacker is going to do, I no longer care. I sent them in pictures and they say the pics are of a 4" lift. OK, I used the top hole in the relocation bracket to get the axle centered under the body. I guess that made it look like a 4" lift and technically is not the preferred way of installing. Oh well, I feel pretty good about the way things are now.

I can finally get back on the trails again so I am happy.

Last edited by wayoflife; 06-07-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here is their solution. Pretty beefy and works for me. Use it with an adjustable trac bar and you're almost bullet proof.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:16 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeephrog
This is in reference to the other SkyJacker broken track bar bracket thread. I just don't have the time tonoght to try and find it.

After the last weld of my track bar bracket broke last weekend (pretty much figuring it would), I finally was able to get into a real professional to make the fix. Pictures of the fix and my new Full Traction adjustable rear track bar are below.

As far as what SkyJacker is going to do, I no longer care. I sent them in pictures and they say the pics are of a 4" lift. OK, I used the top hole in the relocation bracket to get the axle centered under the body. I guess that made it look like a 4" lift and technically is not the preferred way of installing. Oh well, I feel pretty good about the way things are now.

Glad to see you operational again! The welding looks a little rough but I can only assume it's because of what your welder had to work with. The reinforcment bracket is definitely a plus though - should help out a lot. As far as Skyjacker goes, I have to admit that I'm really dissapointed in the way they handled you and it's something I will always keep in mind now.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:23 AM
JK Freak

I finally was able to get into a real professional to make the fix.

Not trying to pry or anything but who was the real professional that made the fix? Looks like it will be fine but like stated above, the welding looks a little rough. Also I might have made a triangle gusset instead and welded it to the axle tube and bracket on two sides of the triangle if you get my drift.....
Old 06-08-2007, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hay not pretty to look at but I guess it works. If I were you I'd take the rest of the black spray paint and cover up all of the skyjacker logo's. I have just heard enough complaints on the forum to where I wont even consider there lift when it comes to safety.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jeephrog

So that's why I haven't seen your Jeep in the Parking Garage... glad to see it's back up and running.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

As far as the welds beng pretty, they look as good or better than the stock bracket welds. It's defintely a lot beefier than before.

Yoy have to realize that when say "professional" I mean someone who works at an auto repair place and has access to either a TIG or MIG welder - not sure what was used or how skilled the welder was. We don't have a very large selection in my town as Rubdonn can attest to I am sure.

I am not mad at SkyJacker but am not completely happy with them either. The relocation bracket should have never been used in the first place. I didn't know any better at the time. I will be purchasing upgrades to my suspension though and will probably go with Full-Traction products. All I really got from SkyJacker was springs and shocks and that dammed relocation bracket sitting on a shelf in my garage.

Anyway, I am happy with what I have right now and took a nice scenic drive with my kids today.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:40 AM
JK Newbie

that should work fine
Old 06-11-2007, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Any rubber seals (or anything else) you need to deal with? Or just jack her up and weld?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by greggradwohl
Any rubber seals (or anything else) you need to deal with? Or just jack her up and weld?
ya, do an inch or so at a side at a time. The chances of warping are low but its best to prevent that

Quick Reply: SkyJacker Track Bar Bracket - Re-enforced