Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slanted tire carrier on a 2 door

Old 11-25-2016, 08:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slanted tire carrier on a 2 door

Does anyone have any experience with a slanted tire carrier on a 2 door jk. I'm starting to believe it isn't possible unless you make it yourself because slanted tops do not have enough angle to be out of the way of the tire. ACE makes one and Goindustries does as well. But I have only ever seen this on a 4 door. I think this might be because of the tops
Old 11-25-2016, 08:28 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

This seems like anything out there would be a custom job for the reason you already highlighted. I could picture someone running something like a Bestop Windjammer and bikini and them making a custom carrier to get the tire slanted and between the roll bars, but I think actual tops for the 2dr just wouldn't accommodate doing so.

Last edited by resharp001; 11-25-2016 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I knew a guy with a windjammer top and tonneau cover that had a local custom shop make him one to fit between the roll bars. He mounted a 35" tire up there. I wish I had a picture of it as he has since sold the jeep, but it was pretty nice looking.
Old 11-26-2016, 05:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if this is what your looking for but I just installed the Rugged Ridge tire carrier kit and it allows for adjustability to mount at a pretty good angle.

Quick Reply: Slanted tire carrier on a 2 door