Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slider opinions

Old 12-27-2012, 07:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Slider opinions

So I am looking to get new sliders for the Jeep and I find myself torn between the 2 styles. In your opinion which do you prefer and why? I like the look and design of the style of slider that bolts to the body itself but am affraid that it will bend up the body when making contact. The style that bolts only to the frame seem like they could be the best option in the long run for strength and functionality. What are your thoughts?
Old 12-27-2012, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the type that bolt to your frame.

ACE sliders, combined with a set of stock Rubi rails, is the answer to your actual question.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:41 PM
JK Jedi

Frame mount, either bolt or weld. So that's shockworks, lod, evo or whit knuckle. Those are the only ones I know of off hand. I am sure there are others. The ace rails and some others use the body mounts, still others use the pinch seam or the tub. Frame mount are the strongest attachment method and what I prefer.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

^^ agree I have the same set up and love it. Haven't hit anything hard yet but looks awesome. You can see a YouTube vid of it in use.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Well, it's only the most vulnerable point on a jeep that is likely to see damage if you don't use a quality rock slider. Go with ACE and take your chances.....or just do it right one time and get a quality frame mounted slider and have it welded on.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

LOD sliders, Evo sliders both attach to the frame. I have the LOD which have a nice step for getting in and out.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06814.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	402562  
Old 12-27-2012, 09:43 PM
JK Super Freak

I understand all that but I can't help but wonder if I am over analyzing the effects of a body mounted slider. I mean with companies such as PSC, Gen-Right, and others all making body mounted sliders I can only assume that the negative effects on the body are minimal to non existant.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GCM 2
Well, it's only the most vulnerable point on a jeep that is likely to see damage if you don't use a quality rock slider. Go with ACE and take your chances.....or just do it right one time and get a quality frame mounted slider and have it welded on.
The ACE sliders are "a quality frame mounted slider."

What do you think the body bolts that ACE uses are bolted to? Oh, that's right, they're bolted to (and through) the frame. Hell, you can even get their welded version if you want.

There is plenty of video evidence and testimony that the bolt-on ACE sliders do exactly what they're designed to do, and they do it without flinching.

Why are you differentiating between ACE and other frame-mounted sliders?

Last edited by palehorse; 12-27-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:02 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm not even certain how ACE got brought up. I'm trying to figure if there is any reason not to go with something like the PSC Brawler Rocker (body mounted) over soemthing like the PSC Rocker Knocker (frame mounted). I'm trying to differeniate between the two mounting styles. Who makes the slider is not really an issue at this point.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

guess its personal perf. on style of sliders. take a look at all the jeep out there. anytime i see a moded jk i take a look and get a idea. but stay away from smitty for sure.. thats what all agree on.

Quick Reply: Slider opinions