Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sliders: Rock Hard vs Shrockworks

Old 03-26-2008, 09:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sliders: Rock Hard vs Shrockworks

Another dilemma,...

My wheels and tires are riding a little more outside the fenders than I had expected (required adapters to clear the lift kit).

The Rock Hard sliders are a bit more expensive than the Shrockworks, but they are a solid step that will help keep some of the road muck from flinging up onto the side of my Rubi day in and day out (my driveway is dirt/gravel, so it is a "many times a day" issue). Furthermore, the Rock Hards should allow my wife and kids to get in and out of the Jeep a little easier than the tube of the Shrocks.

Other than cost, can anyone talk me into staying with the Shrockworks? I know they are awesome quality and built incredible solid. But the Rock Hards aren't any slacker in protecting the Jeep.

Any other ideas about these two sliders???

Thanks in advance.

Mark
Old 03-26-2008, 03:35 PM
JK Super Freak

45 views and no opinions??

Please bump...
Old 03-26-2008, 03:41 PM
JK Jedi Master

I haven't heard any reviews on the Rock Hard sliders, other than the price, but everyone seems to love the Shrockworks. If I could have afforded the extra I was considering the Rock Hard, But I ordered the ARB. They don't stick out as much as the Shrockworks, though.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:43 PM
JK Freak

I have the shrockworks and love it. It is very solid and doubles as a step for me when I put my bikes on top. I don't have an opinion about the other.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

The question really should be frame mount or body mount. I haven't been able to find exactly what I want so I will probably build my own and frame mount them and have the factory rubi rail with added tubes and some kind of step/mud guard to keep the sides cleaner.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

If I was looking for a slider that was also a step, I would get the Rock Hard. I saw it in Moab and it looked very sturdy and well built.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While the Shrockworks work ok for me as steps, they don't do much as far as keeping rocks and mud from flying up the side of the JK. As I spend most of my day on dirt roads, I've learned to drive with my arm not resting on the window ledge. One of these days I'm going to rig up some short mud flaps or something to keep those rocks from smacking into my elbow.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Ahhh,...

That's more like the kind of info I am seeking.

Please keep it coming.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Sliders: Rock Hard vs Shrockworks